Power Sliding center console is loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Hey all do you have this issue with your power sliding console where the top armrest that can extend forward doesn’t click into place? It drives me nuts when driving since it’s constantly shifting back and forth.
I can’t upload pictures or video until I get back to my PC apparently.

Not sure if this is all consoles or just a problem with mine.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check. So far I've hardly moved it at all.

One thing I have noticed is the top cover piece which latches down has a rattle to it. I might have to fix that with some velcro. :)

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Here's a video link to what I'm talking about. It's a total PITA when I'm driving around a turn and my elbow is resting on the armrest and it slides forward.

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Bump. Can anyone with the power sliding console verify if this is standard?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did play around with mine today a little and you're right that it doesn't want to stay when you slide the console back and try sliding the top part to use as an armrest.

When looking at the manual I don't see where it's supposed to lock that top part into place but it's kinda worthless if it doesn't.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all do you have this issue with your power sliding console where the top armrest that can extend forward doesn’t click into place? It drives me nuts when driving since it’s constantly shifting back and forth.
I can’t upload pictures or video until I get back to my PC apparently.

Not sure if this is all consoles or just a problem with mine.

I figured it out. It has to be slid all the way back, then the top section locks into place.

Video of mine below showing the console all the way back and how it's acting in mine.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjRcfHD5c6cAlKJV8eaVOZU7tm_fYw

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
I figured it out. It has to be slid all the way back, then the top section locks into place.

Video of mine below showing the console all the way back and how it's acting in mine.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjRcfHD5c6cAlKJV8eaVOZU7tm_fYw

Thanks for the video! Can you also confirm that it locks into place when the console is slid all the way forward and the armrest is "closed"? I can't tell by your video since it seemed to move pretty easily when you moved it forward. That's where mine is loose.

Eplion1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the video! Can you also confirm that it locks into place when the console is slid all the way forward and the armrest is "closed"? I can't tell by your video since it seemed to move pretty easily when you moved it forward. That's where mine is loose.
Mine has no wiggle or movement when all the way forward and locked into place. Strange yours allows movement when fully slid closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Thanks Eplion. I'm going to take mine in to the dealer. It's only solid when fully extended, not when closed.

Tahoeboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did that. The dealer had to order a whole new top, completely take the console apart because the cables inside were binding. They had to replace the cables also. The first top they replaced rattled and they had to order a second and rebuild it again. They had the truck 3 days. SMH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr