Power Sliding center console is loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Mine did that. The dealer had to order a whole new top, completely take the console apart because the cables inside were binding. They had to replace the cables also. The first top they replaced rattled and they had to order a second and rebuild it again. They had the truck 3 days. SMH

Ugh... thanks for the heads-up. Hope it's not that long.

DJ4486

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a 21 Tahoe HC and it’s having the same issue. There’s a cable running down the side of the slide channel and it feels to be loose, my guess is it became detached and is unable to keep the tension on the arm rest. Very annoying. Guess I’m headed back to the dealer as well. For those who had this repair was there a long wait for the parts?

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
I just picked up a 21 Tahoe HC and it’s having the same issue. There’s a cable running down the side of the slide channel and it feels to be loose, my guess is it became detached and is unable to keep the tension on the arm rest. Very annoying. Guess I’m headed back to the dealer as well. For those who had this repair was there a long wait for the parts?
I waited for the parts 2-3 weeks before calling the dealer to check on them and of course they were already sitting there waiting around. They were able to get me in the next day and it took a full day to replace the radio (seperate issue with CarPlay) and fix the armrest console. The tech said the armrest was a total PITA.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing this as well, it worked fine for the first week and then it started sliding around when the console is in the closed position. If I move the console back it works as intended.

Seems this may be a common issue. :confused:

Truck goes in next week for this and the radio not working. Will report what they find.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Mine is doing this as well, it worked fine for the first week and then it started sliding around when the console is in the closed position. If I move the console back it works as intended.

Seems this may be a common issue. :confused:

Turck goes in next week for this and the radio not working. Will report what they find.
Good luck - they replaced both on mine and completely resolved both issues.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck - they replaced both on mine and completely resolved both issues.
It's still at the shop, ordered new cables and they should be here tomorrow and they can get it fixed. Fingers crossed. In the meantime, I have GMC Terrian as a rental........

CougarCruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think my dealer just hit this issue with my console during PDI straight from the factory.... parts on order. now we wait.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is still at the shop......the parts finally came in late yesterday and hopefully the tech can get it done today.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the call, the Yukon is ready to come home will report on how the repair went.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The console is now working as expected and they got the radio working(turned out to be the cable was not attached at the antenna) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972