Power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerwilso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Power loss

2015-2020 Yukon
My 2015 Yukon loses power when hitting bumps. When cornering the wheel automatically overcorrects. I changed the negative battery cable but the problem still exists. Anyone has these problems, if so what was the fix. Thanks in advance

rmaker

Reaction score
My 2011 just did this, wife went over railroad track and said that the door locks clicked, dash lit up, and steering and brakes were extremely hard. She coasted a bit, then it all came back on. Dropping at shop now for some electrical diagnostics, not very optimistic though.

Have u noticed your headlights dimming and ac fan sort of browning out from time to time?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Check the ground wire from the motor to the firewall, and check the ground cluster under the truck on its frame below the driver's seat.

OP
OP
jerwilso

jerwilso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2011 just did this, wife went over railroad track and said that the door locks clicked, dash lit up, and steering and brakes were extremely hard. She coasted a bit, then it all came back on. Dropping at shop now for some electrical diagnostics, not very optimistic though.

Have u noticed your headlights dimming and ac fan sort of browning out from time to time?
They won't find anything. I've been to 2 places. One shop specialize in electronics the other was the dealer. Well, $300 later still no solution. I did find there was a crimp in the negative cable connected to the frame. It worked for 2 days then got even worse after.
This morning my headlight flickered and the Service Driver Assist light came on.

OP
OP
jerwilso

jerwilso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Check the ground wire from the motor to the firewall, and check the ground cluster under the truck on its frame below the driver's seat.
I replaced the negative cable. It helped for 2 days then got worse.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but this def sounds like a ground that's slowly giving up the ghost, or is just poorly connected. Here's a recent thread on the ground locations - more than just the negative from the battery. I hope you find it soon - electrical gremlins are brutal to deal with.

OP
OP
jerwilso

jerwilso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but this def sounds like a ground that's slowly giving up the ghost, or is just poorly connected. Here's a recent thread on the ground locations - more than just the negative from the battery. I hope you find it soon - electrical gremlins are brutal to deal with.
Thanks for the reply. I found the one behind the drivers side wheel. It was covered in grime. Cleaned it off and will test it on my way to work. I hope that helps. New battery, new negative battery cable.. I guess I'll do the ground strap and look for the one in the cab.

OP
OP
jerwilso

jerwilso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you check the ground cluster under the truck on the frame, as I asked above? That is a major ground connection hub.
I found the one behind the driver wheel and cleaned it. Is this what you are talking about? So far. I changed the negative ground and both grounds behind the driver and passenger wheels.

OP
OP
jerwilso

jerwilso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you check the ground cluster under the truck on the frame, as I asked above? That is a major ground connection hub.
When I cleaned the ground on the driver side. The problem got worse. The screen and power shuts off more often now. I cannot drive it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlitefan

Latest posts