Power folding Mirror Code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

belair62

Reaction score
nah, takes about 30-45 minutes to replace the broken gear inside. you can do it all from the outside no need to even take the door panel off.
the plastic one is a direct replacement, if you get a all metal one they don't seem to play as nice
This is great info. Thanks. I didnt think there was any other option besides the gruven metal stuff.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great info. Thanks. I didnt think there was any other option besides the gruven metal stuff.
worked for me, when you get to the point of putting the metal cap back on around the gear/motor then go set it on the spindle and plug the motor in and try the fold function because it can take a couple tries to get it aligned right. And I would apply a little fresh grease in it while you have it opened up

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Thanks for that.
Odd that it's made in "Türkiye".

Thought I might add this video found after reading your post:

I hate dealing with plastic parts.

Last edited:

tkdgirl

Reaction score
Yes, it is relatively easy to replace the mirror cap. Use a trim tool. Older covers are brittle and likely to chip no matter how careful you are.

Don't rely on Ebay sellers, they don't know much and care even less generally speaking.

These two part numbers come with chrome mirror caps. The driver's side is auto-dimming, they are heated, power, turn signal, puddle light, power folding and are listed as DL3 on my RPO sheet:

20843108 and 20756950

P.S. - The pickups do not have the puddle lights on their DL3 mirrors, at least on the SLT trim level.
Do those include UFT? Looking to replace mine as well and can't seem to find consistent features in the mirrors.

2011 Denali XL
Deleted (thank GOD)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do those include UFT? Looking to replace mine as well and can't seem to find consistent features in the mirrors.

2011 Denali XL
Deleted (thank GOD)
UFT is the Side Blind Zone Alert system.

Are you looking to repair your mirrors? To replace the caps? To replace the whole thing with new?

tkdgirl

Reaction score
UFT is the Side Blind Zone Alert system.

Are you looking to repair your mirrors? To replace the caps? To replace the whole thing with new?
Replace the entire thing due to some cracks, burned out motors, etc.

My mirrors have every option, just impossible to find them.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not impossibler, just not cheap every seller wants $200-300 per mirror, the trick is finding them cheaper.
last one I bought I paid like $85.00 shipped from Butler auto dismantling in Florida
I see them on ebay all day and not every seller knows what they have nor do they list them correctly so just do a visual search
they could be listed under avalanche, escalade, yukon, denali, tahoe, suburban. 07, 08, 09, 10, 10, 12, 13, 14, 2007, 2008, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
or any combination of the above
look for a puddle light and the blind spot cut-out in the mirror glass

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can still get them from GM dealerships. GMPartsGiant and others show them for sale still. World.Parts.Direct and Quirk Parts on Ebay show them too.

20756774 and 20843106

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52

Latest posts