Poor man's rear camera alternative, an exterior mirror ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought the GMT900 already came with an OE backup camera?

Willing to consider yours - largely because you can turn it on at will! - but I also want non electrical options.

Found this too:
Wouldn't mind having the mirror, the lens, AND the backup camera altogether ...

S Shumaker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty much been forced to stop inside every car parts store and car wash, to look for what I can only describe as

'a mirror attached to the rear window glass that functions like a poor man's backup camera that needs no electrical power'

It's an unwieldy search term that makes it impossible to googl or duckduckgo this thing.

Sometimes seen on the rear window glass of minivans suvs & wagons that lack rear view cameras.

Can anyone help me find this thing?
At least give me a more searchable phrase that will not get confused with 'interior rear view mirror' or 'rear camera'.
Is this what you're looking for?

"rv fresnel lens"

Steve

OP
OP
M

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought it was called an rv backup lens, and that fresnel lenses were for cameras and front door peepholes.

Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Boss Audio has a dedicated 12V PWR wire off the back of the head unit. I wired my backup cam to that feed, which powers the camera when in reverse, but also feed power anytime the radio is on, so I can turn on the camera at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17