Pioneer radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
just go to the idatalink website and you can use there web interface to find out what you need to make it work, don't forget a antenna adapter and you will need a usb adapter if you have the usb port in the center console, if you want sirius/xm you will need the receiver for that also those are like $35 online, we tried to get the factory gps antenna to work for sirius but it wouldn't get a signal so I just stuck the sirius antenna under the dash there is a spot in front the of the driver under the front dash piece and the nav antenna fit perfect right next to the sun sensor.
Once you get the sirius reciever do you have to pay a monthly subscription to get it?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once you get the sirius reciever do you have to pay a monthly subscription to get it?
yes unless you manage to find one with a lifetime account, they pick and choose over the years when they offer a lifetime subscription or not, if you have a lifetime account or a online account and use apple car play or android auto you don't need the sirius radio receiver you can just sign into the sirius app on your phone and stream to the radio either with carplay or android auto or via just bluetooth.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
yes unless you manage to find one with a lifetime account, they pick and choose over the years when they offer a lifetime subscription or not, if you have a lifetime account or a online account and use apple car play or android auto you don't need the sirius radio receiver you can just sign into the sirius app on your phone and stream to the radio either with carplay or android auto or via just bluetooth.
I have a Kenwood Sirius and HD receivers in my parts pile somewhere. I wonder if their lifetime.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Kenwood Sirius and HD receivers in my parts pile somewhere. I wonder if their lifetime.
chances are pretty slim, very few people paid lifetime on the mobile receivers, depending on the model it is may still be a available option, I bought one of there first receivers that broadcast over fm radio when they first came out with sirius like 20+ years ago and paid lifetime on it which also gave me a therefore free online account.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
chances are pretty slim, very few people paid lifetime on the mobile receivers, depending on the model it is may still be a available option, I bought one of there first receivers that broadcast over fm radio when they first came out with sirius like 20+ years ago and paid lifetime on it which also gave me a therefore free online account.
I assume it still works. I had the same thing, but I paid monthly. Right now I have a home unit--still in the box. I still don't have an acct lol.

OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone install using the rp5-gm31? I need help wiring it. Very discouraging with how much shit needs to be connected.

OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never mind. Figured it out. It’s in but I forgot the mic and have to pull it out again. Everything works except the mic.