Pioneer radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it seems that all the 6.2 screen pioneer radios fit?

Crutchfield has jack shit in stock so looks like I have to buy everything separately. Found a nice unit renewed on amazon for over 150 off.

I am looking at one with the DVD player to retain rse. I need a harness for rse right?

I plan on using the idatalink maestro rr or rr2. Any other harness/module I need to get to work it all work like factory and retain steering controls?

the radio I speak of is the avic-w6500nex

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
You will need both of these...

iDatalink HRN-AV-GM5 Maestro RSE Retention Harness for Select 06-14 GM Vehicles.

iDatalink ADS HRN-RR-GM5+ Interface Harness Chime Speaker for select 2006-up GM

If you have a 3rd row screen then you will also need to splice a couple wires i believe but i don't have a 3rd row screen so I never bothered to figure it out.

I believe Wes @Doubeleive or one of the other guys can tell you more about the 3rd row mod.

And here is all the wiring you get to stuff behind the HU....

rps20200915_212744_057.jpg

OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need both of these...

iDatalink HRN-AV-GM5 Maestro RSE Retention Harness for Select 06-14 GM Vehicles.

iDatalink ADS HRN-RR-GM5+ Interface Harness Chime Speaker for select 2006-up GM

If you have a 3rd row screen then you will also need to splice a couple wires i believe but i don't have a 3rd row screen so I never bothered to figure it out.

I believe Wes @Doubeleive or one of the other guys can tell you more about the 3rd row mod.

And here is all the wiring you get to stuff behind the HU....

View attachment 257678
Thanks. I do not have 3rd rse.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Thanks. I do not have 3rd rse.

I did something similar to you but I went with Kenwood because I prefer the built in Garmin GPS.

I found a factory refurbished Kenwood DNX575S for a good price and jumped on it.

It has been a little over a year, and so far it has been flawless.

Hope yours works out just as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it seems that all the 6.2 screen pioneer radios fit?

Crutchfield has jack shit in stock so looks like I have to buy everything separately. Found a nice unit renewed on amazon for over 150 off.

I am looking at one with the DVD player to retain rse. I need a harness for rse right?

I plan on using the idatalink maestro rr or rr2. Any other harness/module I need to get to work it all work like factory and retain steering controls?

the radio I speak of is the avic-w6500nex
just go to the idatalink website and you can use there web interface to find out what you need to make it work, don't forget a antenna adapter and you will need a usb adapter if you have the usb port in the center console, if you want sirius/xm you will need the receiver for that also those are like $35 online, we tried to get the factory gps antenna to work for sirius but it wouldn't get a signal so I just stuck the sirius antenna under the dash there is a spot in front the of the driver under the front dash piece and the nav antenna fit perfect right next to the sun sensor.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer the HU fitment portion of your original post, you can fit larger than 6.2". My Pioneer has a 7" screen.

kbuskill

Reaction score
To answer the HU fitment portion of your original post, you can fit larger than 6.2". My Pioneer has a 7" screen.

I didn't even pay attention to the size he posted, but you're right, my Kenwood is a 6.8".

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which model?

MVH-300EX. It's a relatively basic model, a "Digital Media Receiver". No CD or DVD player nor navigation. Has everything I want and nothing else- large touchscreen, 3 pre-outs, 13-band EQ, fully customizable button colors (almost perfect match to the factory mint green backlighting), USB input that charges. Well, I thought it had everything I wanted. It's just missing Apple CarPlay. But, it was cheap and I don't drive my Tahoe enough to miss CarPlay.

OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to get the ddx57s. I have a shop doing it. It’ll take less time for them to do it than me. I got other shit to do anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons