Pioneer MVH-2300NEX . Rear entertainment??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmmeado

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon XL Denali with Nav, Bose, and Rear flip down. I want to upgrade to Android Auto but want to keep the rear seat entertainment working. Crutchfield is telling me there are no options with android auto that work with the factory rear entertainment system? Doesnt seem right.

I am looking at the Pioneer MVH-2300NEX

and using..

DataLink Maestro RR
AVGM5 . http://maestro.idatalink.com/accessories/category/product_id/284/project/rr
GM5+

Will this work and retain the rear monitor? Anyone have any experience with this one. Thanks!!!

Krmnnghia

Reaction score
That is really odd that Crutchfield would say that considering they sell the exact adapters you would need to make this work. LOL

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they are probably saying that Android Auto either works throughout the car or only in the front. I dont think you can choose android auto only for rear entertainment. I have 4200 and it either mirrors front, use A/V, DVD/CD, SD (memory card) and I think USB (not 100% sure on USB) but definitely no option for Android Auto. The assumption is if you plug your phone for android auto that has GPS and other driver functions, you will only need it in the front of everywhere, not rear.

Remember, you need a dual zone head unit like the 8200 recommended above or 4200 which I have. Not all units have dual zone.

mwilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also questioning that too, I looked on crutchfield(due to costs) and some say it does not work for certain things like the rear entertainment, but the harnesses on the original site say that it does that.

OP
OP
D

Dmmeado

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments and recommendations. I am going to go ahead and order everything with the adapters the site says will work and see what happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10