Picking it up tomorrow morning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, too, find this interesting and a little concerning. The GMC website lists measurements for second and third leg room which indicate almost no change between 2014 and 2015 models. It looks like leg room increased by half an inch in the second row and decreased by half an inch in the third row.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, too, find this interesting and a little concerning. The GMC website lists measurements for second and third leg room which indicate almost no change between 2014 and 2015 models. It looks like leg room increased by half an inch in the second row and decreased by half an inch in the third row.

Please remember. I am comparing it to my 2011 model. Maybe they decreased it a few years ago. It might not be much mess tags the 2014 model. I don't know. I just know it is drastically less than my 2011 XL Denali.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there were any major interior layout changes during the gmt 900 production run but I could be wrong.

Edit: yeah, according to the Internet the 2011 and the 2014 have identical interior measurements.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never sat back there. But my 4 boys instantly noticed how much less leg room there was. First thing they said as they got in after I brought it home. I took a look at the 2nd row and it was significantly less. I never really looked back at the 3rd row. But my oldest son said he felt like it was half as much as our old Yukon. I know that is an exaggeration but he said it seems like it

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's troubling to me. I will be pretty upset if GMC misrepresented their interior dimensions.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's troubling to me. I will be pretty upset if GMC misrepresented their interior dimensions.

Yeah. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this or not. You wouldn't notice unless you previously owned the same vehicle. We went straight from the 2011 to the 2015.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the front seats all the way back and measure. I bet they are identical.

The drivers front seat goes back much, much further than my 2011. I'm a big guy. 6 foot 2 and close to 300 pounds. I always keep my seat on any vehicle as far back as it will go. But not this new 2015. I had to move it up quite a bit. When I put the drivers seat all the way back I can barely fit my hand sideways between the drivers seat and middle seat. About 4 inches.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thought is that the seat backs of the 2011 have stretched some over the years. If the second row people are sitting a little farther back it would make it seem roomier, right?

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So I got my buddy's 2012. We put the seat where I like it on my 20015 (not all the way back) and measured. Put his seat all the way back (where I like it on the 2011 and 2012) an it was the same. But when I put the seat all the way back on the 2015 there was less leg room. So the front seats just go back further. In reality there is not less leg room in the 2nd row.

Measured the third row and they were very close. My kid in the 3rd row is just crazy. Lol.

So in conclusion. I think everything is the same. But the front seats on the 2015 go back further than previous models.

Make sense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583