Picking it up tomorrow morning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Contis are a much better tire than the Goodyears that also appear with the yukon. They sport a 740tw and A/B rating.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Contis are a much better tire than the Goodyears that also appear with the yukon. They sport a 740tw and A/B rating.

Ok. That makes me feel better. I had just never heard of them. I wanted to check with the experts.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips for driving it back? Any break in procedures or should I just drive it regular. It's 200 miles.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual says not to go over 55, floor it or tow for the first 500 miles. I think you're supposed to avoid hard braking for 200 miles or so. I've heard one is supposed to vary speeds and not use cruise control. Honestly, you'll be fine if you just drive it easy for the first little while.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sell tires daily and Contintenal are not bad tires.

There are basically NO OEM tires that are junk. A few years ago everyone hated on Hankooks but they are one of my top 5 favorite brands of tires.

I see them daily on multiple vehicles in multiple conditions and can tell you what lasts and doesnt last.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual says not to go over 55, floor it or tow for the first 500 miles. I think you're supposed to avoid hard braking for 200 miles or so. I've heard one is supposed to vary speeds and not use cruise control. Honestly, you'll be fine if you just drive it easy for the first little while.

Agree.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

I sell tires daily and Contintenal are not bad tires.

There are basically NO OEM tires that are junk. A few years ago everyone hated on Hankooks but they are one of my top 5 favorite brands of tires.

I see them daily on multiple vehicles in multiple conditions and can tell you what lasts and doesnt last.

Although I have no experience with their automotive quality, Conti has been in the motorcycle tire business for years. German I believe. They were the quality standard for motorcycle tires for years, and always had a stellar reputation.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I definitely won't be towing for a while. But It will be hard to keep it under 55. The stretch of freeway I'm on is 70 mph. But I will take it easy for sure. With the new 8 speed the motor will think it's only going 55 when I'm doing 75.

Leaving in an hour to go meet the dealer in Blythe. I will report back later today.

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 04 expedition came with contis, changed em at 65k because it just seemed time.. they handled better and lasted longer than the oem perelli scorpions 07 came with. nearly bald at 45k

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put about 400 miles on it today. Mostly freeway.

The 8 speed is nice. I don't even feel it shift.

I got about 18 miles per gallon on the highway doing 75 mph.

Comparing it to my 2011 Yukon XL Denali..... The only complaint is the
lack of leg room to the middle and 3rd row seat. Drastic reduction. Probably my biggest complaint of the entire vehicle. It's a SUV. It's supposed to be roomy. But not much room back there for my kids better yet an adult.

Smaller mirrors but got used to them quickly. Smaller rear view mirror view due to the seats but I got used to that too.

Seat belt for 3rd row seat hanging out of the roof is ugly. Not sure why they did that.

Drives smooth. Really like the ride quality.

Now I need to figure out all the bells and whistles. Far different from my 2011.

But I love it so far. Rides great. Quiet. No road noise.

Any questions? I'll try to answer.

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The reason we went to the XL and not the shorty was the extended leg room. Maybe the lack of 2nd and 3rd row leg room has to do with the folding flat seats?

Thanks for the review!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK