Performance mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drmn16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here. Just picked up my 2015 Denali yesterday and want to add some power.
I've been searching around this thread but really haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for recommendations for a plug-In "chip" (ie. OBDII Diablo, etc) like I had on my 2018 Raptor that is less traceable compared to ECU flash.

Also, I'd appreciate recommendations for the:
Best intake for the 2015 6.2L (AFE, AirRaid, S&B, etc)
Best exhaust (Corsa, Borla, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, etc)

Not looking to race Vettes, just increase power/acceleration with the right choice from you more experienced folks in each category: chip, intake, exhaust.

Thanks,
Matt

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Matt. Start with a BlackBear tune then check out those exhaust systems to see which you like the sound of best.
He's right. He usually always is but...

I like my Diablo sport I2. It's a handheld and, though not as individualized as Blackbear, it's nice because because I can put it back to stock, if need be, for taking to the dealer. Warranty is probably not your problem though. I'm not sure if Blackbear does anything with the TCM either.

Just my .02

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's right. He usually always is but...

I like my Diablo sport I2. It's a handheld and, though not as individualized as Blackbear, it's nice because because I can put it back to stock, if need be, for taking to the dealer. Warranty is probably not your problem though. I'm not sure if Blackbear does anything with the TCM either.

Just my .02

I went with blackbear after trying several other options and am a big supporter of theirs now. Great tunes and service but be aware that they are busy busy busy. Blackbear will allow for you to put it back to stock the same as your diablo using their AutoCal. With a 2015 im 99% sure you can get the transmission done also. I think it was 2017 when that stopped being able to be done with the autocal. TCM made a HUGE difference for me. I chose the AFE momentum Gt Intake and love it. Its louder than others but has more pep.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the diablo, Corsa cat back and k&n intake and it made a world of a difference. I’m not sure about the other tuners but the Corsa is by far the best sounding one and great quality

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New here. Just picked up my 2015 Denali yesterday and want to add some power.
I've been searching around this thread but really haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for recommendations for a plug-In "chip" (ie. OBDII Diablo, etc) like I had on my 2018 Raptor that is less traceable compared to ECU flash.

Also, I'd appreciate recommendations for the:
Best intake for the 2015 6.2L (AFE, AirRaid, S&B, etc)
Best exhaust (Corsa, Borla, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, etc)

Not looking to race Vettes, just increase power/acceleration with the right choice from you more experienced folks in each category: chip, intake, exhaust.

Thanks,
Matt
We would be happy to help with tuning and performance parts. We can tune the engine and transmission via our AutoCal for your vehicle. For more information please call 877-809-4070, or you can email us [email protected]. You can also message us here.

We did intake testing that would apply to 2014+ 5.3L, and 6.2L here is the link to the results on our website. http://blackbearperformance.com/IntakeTestResults_2016.asp

Let us know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with blackbear after trying several other options and am a big supporter of theirs now. Great tunes and service but be aware that they are busy busy busy. Blackbear will allow for you to put it back to stock the same as your diablo using their AutoCal. With a 2015 im 99% sure you can get the transmission done also. I think it was 2017 when that stopped being able to be done with the autocal. TCM made a HUGE difference for me. I chose the AFE momentum Gt Intake and love it. Its louder than others but has more pep.
That is correct the 2017+ 8 speeds are engine only tuning. 2017+ 6 speeds are engine and transmission tuning, and 1998-2016 are engine and transmission tuning with the AutoCal.

Spilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently installed the Borla S-Type cat back which is the loud version. I've heard others mention some of the aftermarket exhaust are too quiet which is why I went with the S-Type. I can actually hear the exhaust when I get on it but subtle from inside when cruising.

I also went with a Diablo i3 tuner from Diablew as it was the most affordable combo (tuner + custom tunes) I could find at $500 and a friend was happy with his GMC truck tune from them. The process was simple and Lew at Diablew provides excellent communication. You can have the base tune installed with custom tune within a few days. Keep in mind 150 miles is required between each of the base, custom, and WOT tunes. Log files need to be sent back between each tune to ensure the custom tunes meet the conditions for your geographic location and gas quality.

Adding just the catback will result in a mechanical knock that I've been told is the Displacement on Demand switching between 4 and 8 cylinders and is very annoying. The custom tune can remove the DOD and resolves the racket and will improve performance as it will always run 8cyl. I have a 2016 Escalade so I was able to have my trans tuned as well and the driving characteristics with the ECM tune make for an awesome total package. Very happy with my decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645