Pedal commander who’s got one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
The avalanche I just picked up for parts had one of them pedal commanders in it I pulled out to put in the Silverado. I just had the Silverado custom tuned Friday so will this have any adverse affects on the transmission or anything? I was going to hook it up and play around with it today and see if it makes a difference or not

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gale Banks has a video where he systematically compares his throttle modifier, and trashes the Pedal Commander. It's kind of funny how he uses Pedal Commander user review videos to back up his own claims.

They look pretty stupid, and borderline unsafe, to be honest.

15burban

Reaction score
I've read of a lot of people running a pedal commander with a custom tune to really dial in their throttle response (on ram trucks though so not completely apples to apples but I would think the concept would be the same). Our suburban I don't drive much since it's the wife's but my truck 16 ram 2500 has pretty bad throttle lag. I have a banks pedal monster on it and I really like it. I don't mess around with it too much. Not sure if the pedal commander is the same or not but with the pedal monster on the app (that's the only way you can adjust the settings) it's pretty cool how you can see the difference between stock throttle and how much the banks changes it depending on what you have it set at.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
read of a lot of people running a pedal commander with a custom tune to really dial in their throttle response ...
With a true custom tune, a pedal 'commander' / 'monster' becomes utterly redundant.

Once upon a time, throttles were physically operated. Your foot was the pedal commander. You were the monster.
Then electronic throttles happened.
Now, no matter how quickly your foot moves, GM's ecm 'tune' slows it down, by a lot.
Pedal commander & pedal monster just make the throttle behave a bit more like a physical throttle.

Assuming the customer wanted this, a proper custom tune would simply let the throttle respond as quickly to the driver's foot as possible.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PCs are a placebo effect, spend $100 more and get HP Tuners. Increase your Driver Demand and Torque Rate Limits and 0 out your Power Enrichment Delay. That's how you increase throttle response, which I'm sure your tuner already did!

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
My tuner already dialed it in pretty good last week when we tuned it but I was just wondering if it was worth even playing with or if I should just put it up for sale and try to make some money off it

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve used the same one on my last 2 rides. I had a bb tune years ago, but when they stopped honoring the updates for free and went up on their price, I was no longer a customer. I got a deal on a PC and it does work for me.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
I finally woke up from my nap and decided to quit being lazy and swapped wheels back over and hooked up the pedal commander.
I initially put it on sport+ and made it two feet out the driveway before I stopped and cut it down a notch! It definitely made a difference even with the tune

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019