pecision power pc2400.2 or pc2600.2!!! need your advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i came across a precision power pc2400.2 for a good price (i think) and if you know about these amps, they are very UNDERRATED. a friend of mine came by today and he had precision power pc2600.2 on 4 pioneer 12's and his sh*t was hitting so hard that it had stuff falling of the wall in my house. i have 4 jl w1's which i'm planning on taking out later on for those pioneers, so my question is, will i be happy with happy & have similar results with that pc2400.2 are should i go with the pc2600.2? give me your opinion positives:Handshake: and negatives:argue:

link to the amp:

http://www.precisionpower.com/Manua...r_PC Series 2400, 2600 & 21400 Amplifiers.pdf

link to subs:
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-W3002D4-Champion-Subwoofer-Watts/dp/B001P71I6C

its dirty but here's my setup now. i have the other pair w1's to match just been lazy to install them.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 13

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i havent seen one of these installed in forever.. but i know back in the day (can someone say alma gates for me?) these would release unholy terror.. these and the old square ass xtants used to me the upper echelon imo.. id love to see a nice ppi install.. instead of running the pioneers why not ppi subs? Give us old schoolers something to reminisce about!!

OP
OP
C

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didnt think of running ppi subs. to b honest, i never heard them before. do you have a model # on them subs?

BTW thanx MOB for your opinion

Last edited:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO one of the sexiest looking subs ever built.. and not only did they HAMMER but were SUPER responsive and built for SQ

pro124.jpg

PRO124 = Old School Sex

i know this is a lil off topic.. but remember THESE?

xtantAmp1.jpg

The doesnt even look like it belongs in a car.. old Xtant amps were effin ART

OP
OP
C

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man where did u find that xtant(now thats old skool:rocking:)? is that what u have in ur car? so mob u saying 4 of them ppi 12's will hit harder than them pioneers right? which amp should i go with pc2400.2 or pc2600.2? i do have another option but i wanna hear ur input on this first.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no im running all addictive audio in mine.. it was a pic i found online.. as far as amp.. i say build the amp to the subs.. if you are gonna keep w1s then you DEFINITELY need all 600w the 2600 has..

Anyway you slice it if youre gonna run 4 subs off of it you need to get the 2600 AND make sure final ohm load is 4ohms.. or twin 2s..

OP
OP
C

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks. my other option was to buy the other 2400.2 from him and use each one on a pair of subs. but i'll take your advice and get the 2600.2 and use the 2400.2 on my highs. i know a guy who selling one brand new but he want top dollar for it. Thanks mob and merry xmas

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i came across a precision power pc2400.2 for a good price (i think) and if you know about these amps, they are very UNDERRATED. a friend of mine came by today and he had precision power pc2600.2 on 4 pioneer 12's and his sh*t was hitting so hard that it had stuff falling of the wall in my house. i have 4 jl w1's which i'm planning on taking out later on for those pioneers, so my question is, will i be happy with happy & have similar results with that pc2400.2 are should i go with the pc2600.2? give me your opinion positives:Handshake: and negatives:argue:

link to the amp:

http://www.precisionpower.com/Manua...r_PC Series 2400, 2600 & 21400 Amplifiers.pdf

link to subs:
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-W3002D4-Champion-Subwoofer-Watts/dp/B001P71I6C

its dirty but here's my setup now. i have the other pair w1's to match just been lazy to install them.

UPDATE!!!!!!!
I decided to go with (2) pecision power pc2400.2s for the subs and a pc4400.2 4 channel for highs, etc. i went to my local audio store and they told me i will have to upgrade alt, battery (+ add additional battery), and get better subs that will handle the amps and install fee was $500. does this sound about right? it's been so long ago since i had my music install thats in my truck now. if thats a reasonable price, can you guys give me some advice on

1. alt (have stock now)
2. battery
3. subs (leaning towards jl w3's)

Thanks!!!!!!!!

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If those amps really only do the 600 as mentioned, with a 4 channel. I would say you'll be fine without the alt. Im not sure what teh stock alt is but im gonna guess prob a 130a. I would add battery/s though.

OP
OP
C

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks babyhuey. what batterys do you recommend? do you think it will be nec. to add additional battery r jus upgrade the one i hv now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy