Passenger Rear Brake Light - 2010 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJeef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I have a 2010 Tahoe LT. And I'm planning a long road trip next week... just trying to get my issue take care of before we do that.

The passenger brake light is no longer working. The bulbs are good and hazards running lights etc are all working fine. When I press the brake pedal, only the middle and drivers side illuminate. Having searched the forum a bit, I am still not clear as to what I should be looking for to troubleshoot/replace (I'm sure its answered but I may have missed it). I thought I had checked all of the correct fuses, but before I rule that out, can someone help me identify the correct ones that I should focus on? I heard mention of independent fuses for the right and left side? Is there a junction box somewhere behind the rear bumper with a fuse? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does the inside of the receptacle look like for that light that is not working? Is there any signs of corrosion?

Did you check to see if you actually have (or not) 12 volts across the contacts inside the receptacle for that light that is not working, when you depress the brake pedal??

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What does the inside of the receptacle look like for that light that is not working? Is there any signs of corrosion?

Did you check to see if you actually have (or not) 12 volts across the contacts inside the receptacle for that light that is not working, when you depress the brake pedal??
What @Joseph Garcia said. Correct place to start.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Joseph's advice to start at the beginning.

On the fuses, the schematic I have (for a '07 MY), shows only one 10a fuse for both (number 43 in the under hood fuse box).

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the NNBS gen have the tail light junction box like the earlier models?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec