Parking sensors retrofit status / update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm… there’s 2023s building with the parking sensors, so they should be programmable via SPS. It must be VIN specific on the backend and until they issue the “recall” notice that you’re available for retrofit then the SPS interface will error out on our VINs that were built incomplete.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got theirs retrofitted yet? I’m 1 month shy of owning this rig for a year now and still nothing..

dancastro

Reaction score
Checked with my dealer yesterday.....still not my turn!
Here's their response, "The part has not been released for your Yukon yet, they send out a letter per VIN when ready."
I'm at the 10 month mark. Very frustrating. Part assist is a must have on a rig this size!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a different thread someone mentioned they contacted Chevy Exec. Support Team and they said full-size SUVs would start getting the retrofit in July… I’m not going to hold my breath, but I think it’s a possibility given a lot of cars are already getting their retrofits and the pickups started getting retrofits a couple of months ago.

A10MileHusker

Reaction score
Thought I would bump this thread and let everyone know I contacted my dealer, told him I heard the parking sensors were available and he confirmed he was able to order the module for the parking sensors. This will be my last chip retrofit and I will have all the options on my 22 AT4.

firstGT

Reaction score
we got a letter a couple weeks ago stating it's ready to be retrofitted. I haven't done anything with it yet though. I might get it done at same time we replace the POS sun roof

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after 18 months, I got the letter a week or so ago. I went to the dealer the same day to get the parts ordered. Parts came in a few days later and they got me an appointment on the books for this past Wednesday. They said roughly 3 hours give or take, so I said screw it and figured I'd bring my ipad and entertain myself for a few hours. I threw in an oil change and rotation while I was there figuring it'd only add another 30 mins or so.

After 3.5 hours they handed me my keys and checked me out. The service advisor runs over to me saying they forgot something and it'd be a few more minutes. 2 hours later....I'm "done". Drive down the road, check engine light came on. Had to drive back and have them clear the "ton of codes" it was throwing (which they attributed to the reprogramming). After another hour or so, I was on the road again.

But woo, parking sensors work!

Fountain38

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i also got a letter about 2 weeks ago made an appointment for oil change last week and they order the parts for me and today they installed them and wife its super happy as im writing this leaving the dealer with the parking sensor working already

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firstborn, I would make sure they have the parts ahead of your scheduled appointment.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 Tahoe picked up at dealership end of July 2022. Just git the retro fit added. I love it. My garage is tight at the moment with junk and this is quite helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone

Latest posts