Parking sensors retrofit status / update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
Anybody hearing an update on when GM will start retrofitting the parking sensors for Yukons / Tahoes that were shipped without them?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i fully expect that we'll never have the sensors or heat warmers activated if we decide to sell by the first of next year

ccfdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything more about the process/timing for the heated steering wheel and parking sensors? I have asked the dealer, and they directed me to GMC, and vice versa.

Coronado126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I bought my RST last month, I was given a disclosure for the parking sensors to be added in Q4 of 22... That's a large window

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my truck in for an oil change so I checked with my service writer just now about this retrofit.

He said that GM sends out a mailer to us that our parts will be available soon, and we’d typically get this letter about a week-ten days before the parts show up to the dealer.

He also said that GM automatically sends the parts to the purchasing dealership. I purchased my car from out of state at a different dealership about 750 miles away. He told me that dealer would get my parts and would have to ship them to my dealership in order to get installed.

coupdevill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have my truck in for an oil change so I checked with my service writer just now about this retrofit.

He said that GM sends out a mailer to us that our parts will be available soon, and we’d typically get this letter about a week-ten days before the parts show up to the dealer.

He also said that GM automatically sends the parts to the purchasing dealership. I purchased my car from out of state at a different dealership about 750 miles away. He told me that dealer would get my parts and would have to ship them to my dealership in order to get installed.
Not exactly true, go to the chevy owners center and change your preferred dealer etc. Might be late, but worth the try. https://www.chevrolet.com/ownercenter/myvehicle

Sometime Oct-Dec we should be hearing about parking sensors.
coup

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly true, go to the chevy owners center and change your preferred dealer etc. Might be late, but worth the try. https://www.chevrolet.com/ownercenter/myvehicle

Sometime Oct-Dec we should be hearing about parking sensors.
coup
Yeah, my local dealer has been set as "my preferred dealer" since I got the truck in February. Hopefully you're right. We'll see in a few weeks hopefully maybe?

lawbet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is this the missing module for the Parking sensors? if I buy it and fit it, will solve the problem? or its more complicated than this?

85131832_Primary__ra_p[1].jpg
1663923623812.png

Fountain38

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would also like to know all 2023 have them working i feel very disappointed that gm only deduct $50 of the msrp price for such an important module!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snackcake01