Parking sensors retrofit status / update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And now I find it interesting that they're shipping new Tahoe's with the heated steering wheel and rear park assist and removing the wireless charger from the vehicle with a $50 credit that isn't eligible for a future retrofit.

So we've already spent our $60k+ and don't get two key features of the vehicle BUT people who haven't paid GM yet are getting the chip? Something doesn't add up here. The sonar I can live without, to be honest--especially with the surround camera view. And I will GLADLY forfeit my wireless charger for my heated steering wheel LOL

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the missing module for the Parking sensors? if I buy it and fit it, will solve the problem? or its more complicated than this?

View attachment 381167
View attachment 381168
This is some good detective work - unfortunately it doesn't seem that module is the "missing piece" in why our rigs don't have front and rear parking sensor function. I did a little digging in my '22 which has on the window sticker the $50 credit and later retrofit for this feature and I see that mine has that module in place. This means that there's something else missing - maybe under the dash? I'd be totally game for buying a part online and skipping the dealer retrofit BS. We just need to figure out what it is and if it's plug-and-play...

Attachments

• IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 16

lawbet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is some good detective work - unfortunately it doesn't seem that module is the "missing piece" in why our rigs don't have front and rear parking sensor function. I did a little digging in my '22 which has on the window sticker the $50 credit and later retrofit for this feature and I see that mine has that module in place. This means that there's something else missing - maybe under the dash? I'd be totally game for buying a part online and skipping the dealer retrofit BS. We just need to figure out what it is and if it's plug-and-play...
this is odd! the "2022 - Yukon Electrical Body Builder Manual" says that :
The parking assist system is made up of the following
components:
• K182 Parking Assist Control Module
• B306 Parking Assist Alarm Sensors
• Infotainment system

if the module, sensors and of course the infotainment systems are not missing, then it should be working, unless an internal component inside one of these 3 components is missing!

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if it was this simple, but I have a feeling calibration may be required also??

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend it; if you want it warranted?
Guessing some calibration/programming is required; an update in GM's computer system that your retrofit was completed is probably also required.
These retrofits are a fact of life; it is annoying, and it is probably really annoying that you see new vehicles rolling off the line w/ the features you had de-featured.
That said; if it were me; I'd wait for the proper fix vs. tackling myself...just too risky, in my opinion.

I searched the P/N pictured above; it says "no longer for sale"
I searched "Parking Assist Control Module" for a Yukon and the parts catalog at an online parts house comes back w/ 3 different P/N's
84761800 for "without front sensors"
84761801 for "with front sensors"
and 84761799 for CT5 with Park assist.

The last one mentions it requiring programming and calibration.

Looks to me like the Last one is what was fitted to @StephenPT's vehicle, and yet his ride says no park assist working, maybe it is the actual sensors in the bumper that are missing (the B306 Parking Assist Sensors mentioned by @lawbet above)?

BTW; I am not in your shoes, the only things "defeatured" on my build were steering column lock and 4 way lumbar became 2 way...I got lucky...

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if it was this simple, but I have a feeling calibration may be required also??
True - I agree for the most part that these vehicles have become so complicated with the ECUs that you just don't plug things in and they magically work. Usually there's some level of programming involved. The one upgrade that gave me a bit of hope was '21 users are able to buy the switch pack with the 360cam button for '22+ and install it. The system recognizes the button and they can use it.

I've crawled around under my Yukon and all the parking sensors are installed along with the wiring (at least on the back half - front half requires a skid plate removal to see up in behind the bumper). I'll get it up on the lift over Christmas break and do a bit more wire tracing and see if I can find something missing...

lawbet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend it; if you want it warranted?
Guessing some calibration/programming is required; an update in GM's computer system that your retrofit was completed is probably also required.
These retrofits are a fact of life; it is annoying, and it is probably really annoying that you see new vehicles rolling off the line w/ the features you had de-featured.
That said; if it were me; I'd wait for the proper fix vs. tackling myself...just too risky, in my opinion.

I searched the P/N pictured above; it says "no longer for sale"
I searched "Parking Assist Control Module" for a Yukon and the parts catalog at an online parts house comes back w/ 3 different P/N's
84761800 for "without front sensors"
84761801 for "with front sensors"
and 84761799 for CT5 with Park assist.

The last one mentions it requiring programming and calibration.

Looks to me like the Last one is what was fitted to @StephenPT's vehicle, and yet his ride says no park assist working, maybe it is the actual sensors in the bumper that are missing (the B306 Parking Assist Sensors mentioned by @lawbet above)?

BTW; I am not in your shoes, the only things "defeatured" on my build were steering column lock and 4 way lumbar became 2 way...I got lucky...
the P/N you mentioned and according to RockAuto is for MY 2021
new P/N for MY 2022 is 85131832 .
1671964160545.png
1671963989521.png
I have checked my 2022 yukon and it has the same module as StephenPT, searching google for 86822914 and its for cadillac CT4 2022.
GM may fitted this module until the new P/N replacement is available?! maybe and maybe not. who knows?
what are the main differences between 21 and 22? is it the Google infotainment that cause the module to be different?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the P/N you mentioned and according to RockAuto is for MY 2021
new P/N for MY 2022 is 85131832 .
View attachment 388067
View attachment 388066
I have checked my 2022 yukon and it has the same module as StephenPT, searching google for 86822914 and its for cadillac CT4 2022.
GM may fitted this module until the new P/N replacement is available?! maybe and maybe not. who knows?
what are the main differences between 21 and 22? is it the Google infotainment that cause the module to be different?
I’m not sure I’d trust Rock Auto as the facts for such P/N your vehicle uses. I used the parts catalog on a GM Dealer’s parts site, which I believe links to GM’s parts catalog.

Agree, the Part mentions Cadillac CT5 in the description . Often GM “launches” tech in Caddy and then moves it into other brands.

Net, I’m not sure what you need; but in 2022, with the VIP architecture, I’d bet you need calibration and some programming to make this work. It is likely more than a plug and play. I’ll go back to my original recommendation: wait for GM to contact you, and have the dealer do it…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep