Parking sensors retrofit status / update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now I find it interesting that they're shipping new Tahoe's with the heated steering wheel and rear park assist and removing the wireless charger from the vehicle with a $50 credit that isn't eligible for a future retrofit.

So we've already spent our $60k+ and don't get two key features of the vehicle BUT people who haven't paid GM yet are getting the chip? Something doesn't add up here. The sonar I can live without, to be honest--especially with the surround camera view. And I will GLADLY forfeit my wireless charger for my heated steering wheel LOL
Why does this surprise you? They already have your money. There is no urgency to make you whole….

ScottPSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything other than that they don’t have parking sensors? I’ve reached out to GM and they say they will send a letter when they’re available. A year later and the wait goes on.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread provides a glimmer of hope that the retrofit is coming soon. Read post #17 and beyond where a GM employee mentions that there’s a pilot program rolling out to GM employees for the retrofit and after that it goes out to the general public.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread provides a glimmer of hope that the retrofit is coming soon. Read post #17 and beyond where a GM employee mentions that there’s a pilot program rolling out to GM employees for the retrofit and after that it goes out to the general public.

Promising. Maybe within the next 6 months? .... I'm avoiding going to the dealership to get my washer fluid pump fixed but I'll definitely go in if I can get the sensor retrofit.

Purcilas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your washer fluid pump failed too? Hm. I have a oil change due soon so plan on getting mine fixed but now wonder how common this problem is.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is odd! the "2022 - Yukon Electrical Body Builder Manual" says that :
The parking assist system is made up of the following
components:
• K182 Parking Assist Control Module
• B306 Parking Assist Alarm Sensors
• Infotainment system

if the module, sensors and of course the infotainment systems are not missing, then it should be working, unless an internal component inside one of these 3 components is missing!
I figured out what’s missing.

After looking at the wiring diagrams and reading the function overview on the GM Upfitter site, it seemed like the only thing that could be missing was the module mounted on the passenger side D-pillar.

Mine has it installed as shown in a previous post, but it dawned on me that maybe it’s just the box, but no circuit board. I pulled out the interior trim and got the module out. I released the tabs on the housing holding in the circuit board and this is what I found.

Now I’m no electrical engineer but do you see what’s missing from this PCB? Chips!!! I see at least two locations where surface mount chips should be soldered.

They’ll probably remove this incomplete module when it gets retrofit, send them back to Bosch to get reworked and then put them back on the production line.

Attachments

• 40C1B8C2-D1BF-4664-9C53-C2ABCA6F0995.jpeg
    40C1B8C2-D1BF-4664-9C53-C2ABCA6F0995.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 9
  • F4A45054-A78A-4B3A-9F68-32D549FD19B2.jpeg
    F4A45054-A78A-4B3A-9F68-32D549FD19B2.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 8
  • CB486E7D-8555-4C04-B2F6-6EEDEB7B22C5.jpeg
    CB486E7D-8555-4C04-B2F6-6EEDEB7B22C5.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 13

lawbet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I figured out what’s missing.

After looking at the wiring diagrams and reading the function overview on the GM Upfitter site, it seemed like the only thing that could be missing was the module mounted on the passenger side D-pillar.

Mine has it installed as shown in a previous post, but it dawned on me that maybe it’s just the box, but no circuit board. I pulled out the interior trim and got the module out. I released the tabs on the housing holding in the circuit board and this is what I found.

Now I’m no electrical engineer but do you see what’s missing from this PCB? Chips!!! I see at least two locations where surface mount chips should be soldered.

They’ll probably remove this incomplete module when it gets retrofit, send them back to Bosch to get reworked and then put them back on the production line.
I guess this is the case, GM fitted uncomplete module.
however bought the P/N 85131832 and when fitted, got the message "Service
Driver Assist System"
so it has to be programmed to the car VIN. so you'd need a programming interface plus 45$ for ACDelco DTS :(
and yes the original part is missing all ICs.

Attachments

• 2moudles.jpg
    2moudles.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 9
  • message.jpg
    message.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 9
  • moudle1.jpg
    moudle1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 10
  • moudle2.jpg
    moudle2.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 9

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess this is the case, GM fitted uncomplete module.
however bought the P/N 85131832 and when fitted, got the message "Service
Driver Assist System"
so it has to be programmed to the car VIN. so you'd need a programming interface plus 45$ for ACDelco DTS :(
and yes the original part is missing all ICs.
Well, that takes care of that. Good to know it’s not plug and play. It’s also a bummer that this module is in a place which requires removal of so much trim. If it was on the opposite side, they could pop off the fuse block/jack cover and have it replaced in a minute when the dealer does the retrofit.

lawbet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, that takes care of that. Good to know it’s not plug and play. It’s also a bummer that this module is in a place which requires removal of so much trim. If it was on the opposite side, they could pop off the fuse block/jack cover and have it replaced in a minute when the dealer does the retrofit.
Just a little update;

tried to reprogram the module and got error E4398 – No Calibration Data
which is the result of a missing or incomplete data record. so GM has not put the data in the Service Programming System (SPS-2) yet.

Gm won't do the retrofit anytime soon and won't let us fix it :(
Screenshot 2023-02-14 110556.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu