Panhard/Trackbar Bracket broken mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcourson11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a lifted 2001 Suburban. Death wobble at even slow speeds. Found that the Panhard bar bracket axle mount is busted in two. I haven't a clue what to do with this. Doesn't seem like welding would be the solution, but I'm new to this and could be wrong. Any suggestions here?

Attachments

• 20230825_214339.jpg
    20230825_214339.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230825_214356.jpg
    20230825_214356.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 5

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a lifted 2001 Suburban. Death wobble at even slow speeds. Found that the Panhard bar bracket axle mount is busted in two. I haven't a clue what to do with this. Doesn't seem like welding would be the solution, but I'm new to this and could be wrong. Any suggestions here?
weld it, won't hurt anything, go to any muffler shop they can usually fix you up with something. might be $50-100 depending on the difficulty

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Having a hard time telling from the pictures, but some combination of welding and possibly additional metal will fix that. Drive easy in the mean time.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, weld it. Will take longer to prep than to weld and make sure is reinforced. Every time you lift, lots of components have more stress on them, than normal.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That looks like something bolted to the original panhard mount, like an extension to raise the mounting point to coincide with the lift. This would put a lot more leverage against the stock piece. I'm sure it was intended to be a bolt-on DIY design. But that needs reinforcement. It's an easy fix, though. Just brush off the rust with a wire wheel, weld it back together to locate it then reinforce. Or, chop off all the factory mount and weld a box of thicker steel in its place and bolt or weld that extension to it. If you're not a welder, it should be a basic fabrication task for an off-road/Jeep shop.

Does the frame side mount (passenger side) have an extension as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879