Paint, what should it cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dont need show quality, just a nice paint that will last a good while. Body is straight, minimal surface rust, 30f4e38b69f3edec90d9058df3dd2806.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the dings or rust that need fixing? Changing colors? If not 2-3k where I live. Color change add at lease another grand. You can save money but removing your trim, lights, etc

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Color change more like 5k and up depending on what all you want done- door jambs, under hood, core support, etc will require removing a lot of parts. Repaint in the same color probably at least 3k. And this is if you can find a shop that wants to tie up space for a project that takes a lot of time/ shop space for little profit vs doing many small jobs that pay more like collision. Much less money will likely end up with paint that will not make you happy at all.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got three quotes for a paint job on an extended cab z71 (98 model).

Lowest was $1500 for a tape-off, scuff and shoot. You know...where you just want it to look “less bad”. A ten-footer. Removing and replacing the trim yourself would probably be recommended.

The other two were around $8-9000 which removed/replaced trim, sanded and fixed some minor dings. The “right” way to do it, in other words, but harder to digest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98