Paint interior, dynamat also?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have started painting my grey interior into black. I love everything black in my Yukon. I followed someone steps here about washing the parts with soap and hot water, scuff pad, then spray 2 coats of adhesive promoter, 4 coats of SEM laundau black. Let it dry and its gotten scrapped already just by laying them on top of eachother.
Do I need to put more coats or should I use some type of clear coat ontop. Do they make any that are not shiny?
Since I'm taking apart the interior, what kind of sound dedner you guys use? I've hurd of dynamat but its really expensive. Any recommendations?

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long you letting the paint set? After paint you should let it dry at least 24 hours and in heat. Dynamat is the best out there but there is lizard skin witch is a spray on that works really good. Just depends on how much you looking to spend. Me I'm going the lizard route. Looks better imo.

OP
OP
yukonaetahoe

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Damn I let it sit for like 5 hours lol and its cold since I did it this weekend and its been around 40 degrees all day

OP
OP
yukonaetahoe

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehegedyd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20