Pad and rotor upgrade? Whats the go to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire selection has a BIG impact on stopping distance. These trucks stop fine and in short order as originally configured. Some like to to use Hawk pads. Others are beginning to convert to the T1 brake configuration, 4-piston front calipers.
Can you elaborate on the 'T1 brake configuration, 4-piston front calipers'? I am curious now.
Thanks!

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about it other than seeing a thread on the conversion on here maybe a month or so ago.
Thanks! I wonder if they were talking about adapting the larger rotors and 4-piston calipers from the front of the 2021 Escalade to the 2007-2014 GMT900's.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Travis D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was looking at the 21 brembo upgrade but was seeing it for around $2k. Got a link for the $1000 price?
POWER STOP 162173 Brake Pads

Z16 Evolution Clean Ride Ceramic

(This comes in a 4 pack, only order QTY.1)

GM GENUINE 1771270 Rotor (13.6" Diameter)

Non Drilled/Slotted

(You will need to order Qty.2)

M14 Stainless Steel Flat Washers

(You need QTY.4)

For the calipers these are going to be a little challenging to find. I ordered mine through a GM auto parts center, local to me. They had a master system, that could check every auto parts store, GM dealer, and GM warehouse. They found my calipers in stock two states away, and had them shipped to their location for local pickup.

You can always try a local dealer, but they will be expensive. I paid $80 a caliper.

Rockauto gets them in stock randomly, but they sell out fast!

or you can try Stockwiseauto.com they say they are in stock, but don't show pictures. so I cannot guarantee this is a good source.

ACDelco 172-2882 Disc Brake Caliper (Left, Driver Side)

ACDelco 172-2883 Disc Brake Caliper (Right, Passenger Side)

Alternate Caliper Part Numbers, Try: 13536579(Left) and 13536580(Right)

(Verified by a subscriber)

ACDELCO Caliper Mounting Bolt

(You can re-use your stock bolts. These are if you want to switch the factory T55 bolt out for a 18mm Hex head bolt. Which is less likely to strip, un-like the T55)

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gone through several different sets of aftermarket and OEM for brakes on my 08 Yukon. I went through 3 different sets of Power stop pads and rotors and kept warping the rotors. I have gone back to OEM pads and rotors and found my biggest bang for buck and changing in braking force was changing to braided lines and using a better fluid. Firmer, more consistent pedal feel and zero fade even when towing. Now I am due again for brakes, even with the OEM (at 168k miles) and will probably stay OEM. For the lines, I used StopTech braided lines and run Motul 660 brake fluid. Best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep