Pad and rotor upgrade? Whats the go to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isenegger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's time to do the brakes on my 2010 tahoe. I would like to do a simple "upgrade" while I'm at it. What is a good pad and rotor combo that will help stop these? I was thinking an EBC pad and slotted rotors? What do yall recommend? Not break the bank either? Thanks!

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PowerStop makes a nice upgrade kit. It comes with pads and rotors. Pay close attention to
how they want them installed and break in procedure..
There are a couple of options to choose from. I've used them on several cars and trucks all
with great results. You won't change out calipers.. just pads and rotors.
Yes, the brembo & such are so freakin expensive $$$$$

OP
OP
isenegger

isenegger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked into the powerstop stuff. Alot of people like their products. I may give them a go

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's time to do the brakes on my 2010 tahoe. I would like to do a simple "upgrade" while I'm at it. What is a good pad and rotor combo that will help stop these? I was thinking an EBC pad and slotted rotors? What do yall recommend? Not break the bank either? Thanks!
Tire selection has a BIG impact on stopping distance. These trucks stop fine and in short order as originally configured. Some like to to use Hawk pads. Others are beginning to convert to the T1 brake configuration, 4-piston front calipers.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BAER ERRADISPEED, slightly larger rotors and they come with brackets to use the stock caliper, run about $650 a set
good bang for the buck in my opinion
also some people are doing the 2021 oem caliper/rotor upgrade probably be around the same price as the erradispeed.
both are sub $1000 upgrades
just tossing it out there

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6DE1A58E-6CE1-4B2F-B9CF-B8E38B2599C1.pngThrowing this here if it helps anyone. I replaced all 4 rotors and pads with brake motive (same as power stop). Found on eBay. Ended up just under 200 including shipping. Happy with results .

Due to upgrades and upcoming cam swap I’ll most likely do the Brembo gm big brake upgrade for our vehicles and 16” rotors.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at the 21 brembo upgrade but was seeing it for around $2k. Got a link for the $1000 price?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts