PAC AOEM-1416 in 2011 Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACM

Reaction score
I'm unexpectedly about to be handed down the '11 Denali in my sig and have a question for the audio gurus here.

I'd been thinking about going the add-an-amp route with one of the PAC units in my '07 LTZ w/ Bose (AOEM-GM24): keeping the factory nav headunit, hiding a small, mono boosted rail amp somewhere behind the dash, and swapping out the 6.5" factory "subwoofer" for a Memphis or Rockville from Amazon that would mount in the factory location - a true "stealth"/stock setup with just a bit of added punch.

However, I know the Bose system in the Escalades and Denalis has the "Lux" amp which is different from the "dumb" amp in the LTZ Bose's.

Does the PAC AOEM-1416 adapter work to add a line-out for the Escalades and Denalis? Or am I S.O.L./going to need to swap the headunit and bypass the stock amp completely to add a sub?

Thanks in advance!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm unexpectedly about to be handed down the '11 Denali in my sig and have a question for the audio gurus here.

I'd been thinking about going the add-an-amp route with one of the PAC units in my '07 LTZ w/ Bose (AOEM-GM24): keeping the factory nav headunit, hiding a small, mono boosted rail amp somewhere behind the dash, and swapping out the 6.5" factory "subwoofer" for a Memphis or Rockville from Amazon that would mount in the factory location - a true "stealth"/stock setup with just a bit of added punch.

However, I know the Bose system in the Escalades and Denalis has the "Lux" amp which is different from the "dumb" amp in the LTZ Bose's.

Does the PAC AOEM-1416 adapter work to add a line-out for the Escalades and Denalis? Or am I S.O.L./going to need to swap the headunit and bypass the stock amp completely to add a sub?

Thanks in advance!
I've had great luck over the years with calling Crutchfield and asking them vehicle and harness-specific questions like this on various installs. I also always buy from them unless they don't carry what I need/want. I believe they carry the PAC harness so if you don't get any answers here in time, maybe give 'em a call and see what they say.

Also, I commend you on your family loyalty to these rigs, and congrats on the hand-me-down! Did pops pick up that '18 Denali to roll in?

OP
OP
ACM

ACM

Reaction score
I was thinking about giving them a call, thank you for the suggestion!

Yeah, we've been bowtie-or-die for the better part of 25 years now after Mom's old Jeep Cherokee left her, my sister, and I stranded on the side of the road once when I was little. The hand-me-down system has gotten me some pretty nice rides over the years, I'm definitely lucky :cool:

You're correct, the '18 will be Dad's. I guess he figures his adult son is done costing him large sums of money for the moment :Big Laugh: it's a bit of a surprise, I honestly didn't know if he'd ever have the desire to make a car payment again!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im confused, the 2007 was the NNBS, which got the new interior, and the more "standardized" audio system, going until 2013. I thought the Smart/Dumb systems last year was 2005/06?

OP
OP
ACM

ACM

Reaction score
Im confused, the 2007 was the NNBS, which got the new interior, and the more "standardized" audio system, going until 2013. I thought the Smart/Dumb systems last year was 2005/06?

I could definitely be wrong! Lol...which is why I'm hoping someone can chime in with some answers.

I've had trouble getting ahold of PAC, and Crutchfield wasn't super-helpful: they said they didn't see any PAC add-an-amp units on their end that are compatible with the 'lade/Denali and suggested I go with a pre-packaged powered sub from Kicker :rolleyes: which sounds chintzy as hell and also counteractive to my desire to keep this as stock/stealth/simplified as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter