P04055 and P04096 Trouble Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkstop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced the evap canister and still getting these two codes every few days after I reset them with the scanner, my guess is everytime a drive cycle is complete they come back on. Replacing the gas cap tonight, which would have been the faster and easier fix but apparently thats not me. Any other ideas? I know the 4055 is the evap leak code but what is the 4096?? Looked all over the internet, even searched on here and couldn't find it.

OP
OP
J

jkstop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone familiar? I know emissions from lookimg around on here but anyone know descriptions?

rob71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you might have an extra digit in your codes that doesn't belong there.

I did a little Googling and found these codes which might be what you're looking for:

P0455 is an evap leak.

P0496 is for undesired intake manifold vacuum to the evap system. possibly a bad purge solenoid valve. "Evaporative Emission System High Purge Flow"

Sidepipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the P0496 code, and found that the purge solenoid valve, on the intake manifold, was faulty -- not shutting off completely. Replaced it, reset the codes, and hopefully they'll stay off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo