P0171 code and stalles at stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zell66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently replaced fuel pump and a section of fuel line. (work complete 2 months ago and put on 2000 miles) Yesterday check engine light came on and it gave me the code above and stalled every time I came to a complete stop.This is a 5.3 l non flex motor.

Any ideas or direction I can go to fix this vehicle. Thank s!!

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Recently replaced fuel pump and a section of fuel line. (work complete 2 months ago and put on 2000 miles) Yesterday check engine light came on and it gave me the code above and stalled every time I came to a complete stop.This is a 5.3 l non flex motor.

Bank 1 lean code.

Check for vacuum leaks.
Check fuel pressure at the rail.

Do you have a scanner that you can see/ graph live or freeze frame data?

OP
OP
Z

zell66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well he is a conundrum....on a hunch filled tank and within 2 to 3 start and stop of engine, check engine light goes off and truck does not die at a stop. Could it be the fuel is sloshing around and fuel pump lost prime????

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well he is a conundrum....on a hunch filled tank and within 2 to 3 start and stop of engine, check engine light goes off and truck does not die at a stop. Could it be the fuel is sloshing around and fuel pump lost prime????

How much gas did it take? Could have been bad gas or high ethanol content.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you replace the pump itself or the entire assembly?

OP
OP
Z

zell66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A mechanic buddy of mine suggested it was the throttle body?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts