P015B Check engine Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mauricio Cardenas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s going on guys I bought my 2013 Tahoe ppv almost a year now and ever since I bought it I knew it had the P015B code popping up so my check engine light has always been on and sometimes it goes away for a day or two then comes back I recently changed out the upstream oxygen sensor that’s suppose to be the reason why it’s throwing that code and I reset the check engine light but it still came back even after putting a new oxygen sensor in does anybody know or ever had that problem with their Tahoe before?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe s couple of things. The code is for high voltage to the 02 sensor but can also be the cat. Many times we think the problem is with the sensor but it’s actually doing its job. Do you have access to a Tech2 or other scanner that can read live data?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe s couple of things. The code is for high voltage to the 02 sensor but can also be the cat. Many times we think the problem is with the sensor but it’s actually doing its job. Do you have access to a Tech2 or other scanner that can read live data?
if the cat was broken you would get a P0420 stoner code

But if you keep running things this way it will get stoner code 420 if the fuel injector is leaking extra fuel\

Start simple then work your way to the hard things (aka more expensive )
https://www.engine-codes.com/p015b_chevrolet.html

if you live in California it's good for 8yr/80k
if your a california emissions state you might still be able to make a claim

Last edited:

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P015B is bank 1 sensor 1–pre-cat. The cat not functioning would reflect on sensor 2.

OP
OP
M

Mauricio Cardenas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys really appreciate it after work I’m going to try and see if it has an intake or exhaust leak if not then I’ll get one of those pressure gauges to do the test for the fuel hopefully it’s just a leak and simple fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77