Overloaded Yukon - now getting service stabilitrac and traction control, and ABS light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Morrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to spring! I've read lots of threads about these lights and need some help with what order to check/replace things based on what happened.

I loaded a few cement retaining blocks in the back of my Yukon (nothing crazy, but apparently too many). Turning on my street at around 5-10 mph I heard a ping that sounded like the suspension, not normal but also not like something failed or broke.

Immediately after, the Service Stabilitrac, Service Traction Control and ABS light all came on and have stayed on. Any opinions what I should check/replace to get this fixed?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stabilitrac and abs lights usually go together. Not sure your year but a few blocks shouldn’t blow an air shock. I’ve had over 500 lbs of mulch, blocks, sod you name it with no issue. Get under it and look for loose connections on all 4 and as 02 mentioned code reader with the ability to read abs

OP
OP
J

Jim Morrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a 2013 Yukon Denali. I'm trying to avoid taking it to the dealer for a $90 diagnostic scan, my reader only pulled engine codes.

I'll get under and check for any loose connections. Would blowing an air shock cause those lights to go on? I'll try to check that out too.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the auto parts stores can read ABS codes for free.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a "ping" noise could have been a right height sensor there is one by each wheel, nothing is going to get that code but a higher end scanner like a tech2 or a snap on, etc.. so unless you can visually see something broken or damaged then your just guessing. a blown air shock bladder would not set a code unless it made the vehicle tilt to such a degree that the ride height sensor detected something was seriously out of whack.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so we have the same rig and a few or 2 dozen blocks shouldn’t cause any problems but I like what Wes said about the right height. It’s a thin rod that screws in to a small black rubber cap on all 4. Depending on your wheels you might see it from the outside.

OP
OP
J

Jim Morrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait, I visually inspected everything I could but it all looked okay.

I ordered a BlueDrive ODB2 Reader and pulled a:
C0035 CODE DEFINITION:
• LF wheel speed sensor circuit malfunction

LF looked okay but I’ll be able to look at it better at home. Investigation continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_hyde

Latest posts