OBD tool that does ABS - Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BooBoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2013 Tahoe LT, I currently have the ABS light, Stabiltrak OFF and Traction Control OFF.

I'm 70something, not a great mechanic and I don't need high end equipment. I would like to have an idea of what's going on so that maybe *I* can fix the issue, or at least have some idea of what the issue IS when I take it to a garage.

I have an OBD scanner, but it can't read ABS codes. The local part stores don't seem to have scanners that can read them either.

I would very much appreciate any information on what would be a good scanner for my Chevy.

Thank you!

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on amazon for an AUTEL bi directional tool/scanner.
You won't need the latest and greatest or the most powerful
Prob around $500 ish.

OP
OP
BooBoo

BooBoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look on amazon for an AUTEL bi directional tool/scanner.
You won't need the latest and greatest or the most powerful
Prob around $500 ish.
Thank you. That's a bit much - if I was 30 again, then I'd go for it. Tough one for me because I don't want to be clueless about what's going on with the vehicle. Again, thanks.

lightflyer1

Reaction score
Might try and see if anyone around you has one and will scan for you. Is there a local forum here for different localities?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts