Mount em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K2 Kaiju

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"While they are at it..." does not compute for dealers.
I garronntee if you had a repair that included pulling the engine and asked to have the motor mounts replaced "while they are at it" the book time for each job would apply.

LOL, no doubt. I really meant while they already had my truck all day. Plugs seems like another beating on these rigs, but I should have a couple more years out of them...

Matt1t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealer here in NC quoted $1,400. No idea if it was just for the failed driver side, but that seemed a bit steep... I too was not willing to square up and fight this thing. I took my 2017 to a local independent shop and I was out the door for $480. Money well spent I believe. She takes off like a dream again.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in the DMV area, they wanted $1500 PER SIDE. That was absolutely insane.

I did it on my own for the cost of the part....and acrobatics. Even was able to keep the heatshield on the new one. Took me 1 day to get the old one out, about 2 hours to get the new one in.

OP
OP
K2 Kaiju

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in the DMV area, they wanted $1500 PER SIDE. That was absolutely insane.

I did it on my own for the cost of the part....and acrobatics. Even was able to keep the heatshield on the new one. Took me 1 day to get the old one out, about 2 hours to get the new one in.
Oof, thats what I figured time wise with my lack of experience doing the job. Had to weigh this vs doing an extra day of my job and the air conditioning gig won out...

OP
OP
K2 Kaiju

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it done and used a coupon to knock it down to $800. Service guy said its a real ***** job on a 4x4 (had to remove exhaust manifold), so Im not too remorseful. I can really tell a difference now - I almost think I may have changed out my magnerides early when the motor mount was the issue. Very smooth and quiet now...

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it done and used a coupon to knock it down to $800. Service guy said its a real ***** job on a 4x4 (had to remove exhaust manifold), so Im not too remorseful. I can really tell a difference now - I almost think I may have changed out my magnerides early when the motor mount was the issue. Very smooth and quiet now...
Yup you get so used to it as it wears out. Once it's replaced makes you realize how bad it was. Totally changes the feel.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '19 Escalade is a 4x4 and I didn't remove the exhaust manifold. Just the heatshield was enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed