Out of Town/State Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmase2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a basic service question; if I buy a car in a different town or state, will I be able to get all the same service at my local dealership (oil changes, recalls, warranty repairs, etc)?

I ordered a Yukon in March. It sounds like it's still a long ways out, so I'm starting to just shop around. I have some good leads that are ~400 miles away. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get burned on the servicing side of things. I'm assuming it's ok, but I want to double check.

slupie

Reaction score
I have a basic service question; if I buy a car in a different town or state, will I be able to get all the same service at my local dealership (oil changes, recalls, warranty repairs, etc)?

I ordered a Yukon in March. It sounds like it's still a long ways out, so I'm starting to just shop around. I have some good leads that are ~400 miles away. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get burned on the servicing side of things. I'm assuming it's ok, but I want to double check.
As far as warranty and regular service yes. Some dealers won't give you free loaner car unless you bought your car/truck/suv from them. Loaner car program is run by the individual dealer which is a franchise not by Chevrolet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

your gm warranty is good at any gm dealer nationwide.

Roadglide16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You will be fine. I get both of my GM vehicles serviced at my local Chevy dealer. Did not purchase either vehicle from them, they are more than happy to get my service work.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vehicle is from the Midwest, but 90% of its service work has been done in FL. They don’t know me from Adam and have treated me great! I think I just got lucky, though….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645