Ordering a DENALI...how to best negotiate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other reason I went off lot, didn't want a vibration buffeting machine

From my drives of about 8, all buffet to varying degrees but not all vibrate

Yeah well I'll have to drive it before I sign for it for sure. Just need to figure out the deposit aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVR 155

Reaction score
I bought from Laura Buick/GMC which is right outside of St. Louis, MO..... obviously a bit of distance to travel for you. They had the best pricing hands down on my 2015 Denali (got over 14% off of MSRP on my truck between their pricing and available rebates). I just did a quick search and they have both Iridium and Silver with the interior color you want..... Looks like current 2016 pricing has you the better part of 11% off MSRP. The dealership was an absolute pleasure to deal with, no games, no BS!! I took an Amtrak train down from northern Illinois and a rep from the dealer picked me up in St. Louis at the train station and drove me back to the dealer (they also pick up at the airport). I drove the truck the 300+ miles home

http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehicl...47483647&minMPG=-2147483648&maxMPG=2147483647

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought from Laura Buick/GMC which is right outside of St. Louis, MO..... obviously a bit of distance to travel for you. They had the best pricing hands down on my 2015 Denali (got over 14% off of MSRP on my truck between their pricing and available rebates). I just did a quick search and they have both Iridium and Silver with the interior color you want..... Looks like current 2016 pricing has you the better part of 11% off MSRP. The dealership was an absolute pleasure to deal with, no games, no BS!! I took an Amtrak train down from northern Illinois and a rep from the dealer picked me up in St. Louis at the train station and drove me back to the dealer (they also pick up at the airport). I drove the truck the 300+ miles home

http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehicl...47483647&minMPG=-2147483648&maxMPG=2147483647

I tried pushing the wife on the Denali and saving a few bucks, but she only likes the Tahoe and Escalade, hates all the chrome on the Denali. I think she's convinced she's getting a Tahoe, but I won't take the 5.3 and 6 speed.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Very cool. Great prices too.

Problem is, I can't fly to MO to do this. With the buffeting issue I can't risk flying out and NOT buying a car.

MVR 155

Reaction score
Very cool. Great prices too.

Problem is, I can't fly to MO to do this. With the buffeting issue I can't risk flying out and NOT buying a car.

What about contacting a PPI company that is familiar with the issue to do an inspection?

MVR 155

Reaction score
I tried pushing the wife on the Denali and saving a few bucks, but she only likes the Tahoe and Escalade, hates all the chrome on the Denali. I think she's convinced she's getting a Tahoe, but I won't take the 5.3 and 6 speed.

I love the body lines and front end on the Denali, it's a bit heavy on the chrome for my taste as well...... One of the reasons I went with silver, i think it makes the chrome not so obvious. My previous H2 was Solar Flare orange with all black trim and black XD Rockstars so I'm having to get used to the chrome myself. I had the 6.2L/6 speed in my H2....... The driveline in the Denali is leaps and bounds better in both power and delivery. I felt like the trans in the Hummer was a bit lazy and confused about which gear at lower speeds. I cannot get over how fast the Denali is for a big SUV..... My other vehicles are a 2013 S4 (which is tuned) and a 2002 Z06 Corvette that is modded and I'm still very impressed by the truck..... Definitely make sure you end up with the 6.2/8 speed!!!

MVR 155

Reaction score
What's a ppi? Thanks

pre purchase inspection, there are quite a few companies out there that do this. I would suggest doing a search for the St. Louis area (or any other area that may have the vehicle you are interested in) for a reputable company. Contact them and see if they are aware of the issue so they know what to look for.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pre purchase inspection, there are quite a few companies out there that do this. I would suggest doing a search for the St. Louis area (or any other area that may have the vehicle you are interested in) for a reputable company. Contact them and see if they are aware of the issue so they know what to look for.

Thanks

What's the best way to search as much inventory as possible in the biggest area possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA