Ordering a DENALI...how to best negotiate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your area. I offered almost $1,500 under what TrueCar quoted and the dealer didn't even blink on accepting the price. I could have done better but the price was fair and dealer straight up did a great job and wanted a sale.

How much under invoice was $1500 under truecar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your area, what someone got here may not ever work for where you live

Case in point, just shopped for an Escalade, most off MSRP was around 3.5-4% and that was from dealers who were trying to steal me at the last minute from another shop - told them both has to be 5% to get it, no one bit

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what area, I'm in the market in NYC some dealers are willing to deal others are a waste of time. I did see 5% off on leftovers in Sept. and close to 10% on 'event' cars (one was used to take to some polo match or some **** shit for advertising and had a whole 300 miles on it) Just can't find a bench seat in inventory.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what area, I'm in the market in NYC some dealers are willing to deal others are a waste of time. I did see 5% off on leftovers in Sept. and close to 10% on 'event' cars (one was used to take to some polo match or some **** shit for advertising and had a whole 300 miles on it) Just can't find a bench seat in inventory.

10% off invoice? Or MSRP?

I'm in the Boston area.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You're going to run into my issue, lots of the ones I found in the NE were pretty basic, think how an UBER driver would spec his build, and I couldn't wait the 6-10 weeks for an order to arrive

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to run into my issue, lots of the ones I found in the NE were pretty basic, think how an UBER driver would spec his build, and I couldn't wait the 6-10 weeks for an order to arrive

well that was a black/black 15 premium with power steps and the machined rims. Was actually still there today, now with 378 miles vs 375 was offered to me for 76500 today, but I chose to order a 16 because I want granite and a bench seat (well the wife wants the seat its for her). Cant use credit card earnings on the event truck, can use it on the order for the 16, have a supplier code, can get that down to around 80, so I figured for 3500 bucks to have a 16 vs a 15 exactly the way she wants vs settling on something close....just spend the money, the model year has to be worth a good 2k in 5+ years. Its a finance and I keep my trucks a long time.

UBER is the reason I refuse to get black as well. I love black 2 of my 3 vettes were black, both of my trucks were black, my ctsv is black. But these days in NYC no friggin way, I see black GM SUV and I think UBER.

Now I get to wait 8-12 weeks and hope some nice incentives pop up.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that was a black/black 15 premium with power steps and the machined rims. Was actually still there today, now with 378 miles vs 375 was offered to me for 76500 today, but I chose to order a 16 because I want granite and a bench seat (well the wife wants the seat its for her). Cant use credit card earnings on the event truck, can use it on the order for the 16, have a supplier code, can get that down to around 80, so I figured for 3500 bucks to have a 16 vs a 15 exactly the way she wants vs settling on something close....just spend the money, the model year has to be worth a good 2k in 5+ years. Its a finance and I keep my trucks a long time.

UBER is the reason I refuse to get black as well. I love black 2 of my 3 vettes were black, both of my trucks were black, my ctsv is black. But these days in NYC no friggin way, I see black GM SUV and I think UBER.

Now I get to wait 8-12 weeks and hope some nice incentives pop up.

So did you put a deposit down? I want to drive whatever I order before 'it's mine'...

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you put a deposit down? I want to drive whatever I order before 'it's mine'...

Other reason I went off lot, didn't want a vibration buffeting machine

From my drives of about 8, all buffet to varying degrees but not all vibrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz