Order # Tracking - Insight to how long it takes GM to accept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered a Tahoe LT with Luxury Pkg & Max Tow Aug 27. Received order number and confirmation of allocation Sept 3. Was notified Oct 1 that build is scheduled for week of 21 Oct..

George

OP
OP
C

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Good ? - Hard to know for sure if GM is prioritizing Denali's or the local dealers with limited allocations are prioritizing submitting Denali's as they are more profitable or what the true delays really are - likely so many possibilities and probably some truth to all of them combined, LOL! I also am going to the 2nd row buckets after the past two Yukon's had the rear bench and went for the sliding console as well. Definitely would give that up as well. I ordered a pretty loaded SLT with Max Tow which was an issue last spring/summer so hoping that's not the case anymore. I really think it's the allocation game coupled with constraints. Heard from a dealer last week that no Yukon's were accepted by GM nationwide (of course unverfied....) The 22's are due to hit production next week - Oct 6th - fingers crossed mine goes from 1100 status to the 3000's in the next week or two......

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting patiently to order a '22 Z71 in Dark Ash, specifically to get the 6.2L V8 and the off road package with the air ride etc. Any other goodies are just bonus at this point, but I'm torn between 2nd row bench vs bucket seats.

I'm reading how y'all have an order placed for a '22 already, and I'm jealous. I was hoping to print a 'build sheet' from the Chevy website and bring it to a dealer, but the 22 isn't even online yet. So my question is - are you simply just going to a dealership and specifically asking for a 22 Tahoe? How do I get in on the action? I'm willing to wait for the build to happen, but I'm having a mid-life crisis and just want it *my way*. LOL

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@Eusibius2 if you have multiple dealers in your area,area, around and ask if they are accepting orders for 22s and how long their list is for people that already have an order waiting to be submitted/allocated. The dealers have the order book/guide already in their system for 22s, as discussed in a different thread, not too many changes from the 21s.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Eusibius2 if you have multiple dealers in your area,area, around and ask if they are accepting orders for 22s and how long their list is for people that already have an order waiting to be submitted/allocated. The dealers have the order book/guide already in their system for 22s, as discussed in a different thread, not too many changes from the 21s.
Any advice on how to gauge one dealer over another? I've visited a few already, and most of the sales reps are pretty sketchy at best (clearly they are only telling you what you want to hear, pandoring, over the top, etc...). It's been more than a dozen years for me to go buy a new vehicle, so I kinda have to learn the rules again.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Since production hasn't started yet, and there have been so many contraints due to supply chain issues, you aren't really going to get a "truthful answer" out of anybody, until its actually picked up forn produxtion by GM and it arrives at the dealership.

My advise(which is what I have currently), as long as the dealers understand you won't place a deposit until GM picks up the order into their system.... place an order at two dealers, one that seems to be the highest volume in the area and the other with a smaller dealer that says they have a short list of pre-orders.

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
Hey all, been awhile since I've been around. Recently ordered a 22 Tahoe Z71 (last week) who knows if or when it'll actually come...so I don't drive myself crazy, does the GM system only update status once a week or is it worth checking status a few times throughout the week?

Dez78n

Reaction score
Since production hasn't started yet, and there have been so many contraints due to supply chain issues, you aren't really going to get a "truthful answer" out of anybody, until its actually picked up forn produxtion by GM and it arrives at the dealership.

My advise(which is what I have currently), as long as the dealers understand you won't place a deposit until GM picks up the order into their system.... place an order at two dealers, one that seems to be the highest volume in the area and the other with a smaller dealer that says they have a short list of pre-orders.
I am curious why it's so hard to get a straight answer from GM what the constraints are. That has made me more mad than anything about the whole process. Why can't there just be a list like "these options are on hold until xx date" which can be updated?

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Hey all, been awhile since I've been around. Recently ordered a 22 Tahoe Z71 (last week) who knows if or when it'll actually come...so I don't drive myself crazy, does the GM system only update status once a week or is it worth checking status a few times throughout the week?
I've always been told they update on Thursdays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons