Order # Tracking - Insight to how long it takes GM to accept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skud

Reaction score
SLT 4x4. 5.3. Prem pkg with max tow. 2nd row bucket. Stnd 20” wheels. Slide console. What did you build? Either I have constraints or my dealer doesn’t have any current allocation….
Denali XL
Duramax
Midnight Blue
Premium Package
All options except rear seat entertainment. Basically, I wanted an ultimate without the RSE.

Interestingly, I did NOT select the sliding console but it was included in the build anyways. I found the 2022 order guide and it says that for 2022 the console is now standard on the Denali.

My order was placed about a week ago and I’m at 1100. I asked the dealer about allocations before ordering and was told that it wasn’t going to be an issue. If it doesn’t go past 1100 this week I’m going to be suspicious.

Tahoe210SA

Reaction score
Wondering if they are prioritizing the Denali’s? I’ll have to ask about the sliding console as I could give that up to speed the build. Going from 2nd row bench to the bucket seats in this new car so thought the sliding console was cool to send drinks back to the kiddos. Lol

Wow. That’s exactly my build. Same colors and all.
Wow you have great taste. When did you order and whats your event code at now?

Tahoe210SA

Reaction score
Wondering if they are prioritizing the Denali’s? I’ll have to ask about the sliding console as I could give that up to speed the build. Going from 2nd row bench to the bucket seats in this new car so thought the sliding console was cool to send drinks back to the kiddos. Lol
I think the sliding console covers the drink holders for those in the back.

Skud

Reaction score
Does anyone here know on which days of the week one would expect their order status to change?

Like “orders would go from 1100 to 2000/3000 on Fridays” or “GM allocates to dealers on XX days of the month”. Etc.

I guess I’m asking if anyone here has insight into the processes for moving orders and builds along.

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
Wow. That’s exactly my build. Same colors and all.
Not many, if any, dealerships getting allocations for duramax right now. that's the hang up. I'm on order lists at 5 dealerships and none have been able to push through a duramax order.

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
Does anyone here know on which days of the week one would expect their order status to change?

Like “orders would go from 1100 to 2000/3000 on Fridays” or “GM allocates to dealers on XX days of the month”. Etc.

I guess I’m asking if anyone here has insight into the processes for moving orders and builds along.
Thursday afternoons is when I have been told that dealers gets their allocations from GM.

ruise

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. You can do a rough order check via the “Message Us” button here: https://www.gmc.com/contact-us

It’s an automated system as long as you enter in recognized options. They will ask you to say “Hi” to get started.

Enter your name
Enter “order status”
Then the chat bot will ask for your order number or vin.

You won’t get a status code, but they will give you the description for whatever code you’re at. If you want the code you can just type “representative“ and it will connect you, assuming it’s during business hours.

I did this every day for over a month. If you answer a question by just hitting "enter," it will connect you with a live person and they will give you the current event status code. When they asked if I was from the United States, I just hit enter and it sent me to the live agent, every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz