Order # Tracking - Insight to how long it takes GM to accept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chat is hit or miss. Sometimes they tell you they can’t share the code.

OP
OP
C

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Any truth to this post on the ‘21/22 Yukon Facebook page that orders are no longer being taken for ‘22 Yukon’s.

Skud

Reaction score
Any truth to this post on the ‘21/22 Yukon Facebook page that orders are no longer being taken for ‘22 Yukon’s.

That just seems weird to me. I mean, that would be pretty huge news, if true. I think the Yukon is one of the most profitable vehicles and that would mean things are pretty dire.

What concerns me the most is that it’s the admin of that group which is reporting it. Not that necessarily means much, but it does mean “more” than some random person.

My order is still stuck at 1100. So not sure what’s going to happen there.

OP
OP
C

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
I keep hearing mixed opinions on max tow holding up order acceptance - I selected it on my SLT as I want the 2 speed xfer case. Max tow is standard on Denali so maybe they’re saving that option parts for the more profitable trim…. Not sure we’ll ever know what really going on. Lol. Just hoping my current Yukon has another 3-12 months left in her….

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some info about ordering process you may find enlightening.........

1100 and Dealer Allocation

This causes a lot of issues. When you place an order with a dealer, the status is 1100. UNTIL Chevrolet ACCEPTS the order, it just sits there at 1100. You don't have an order with GM at this point. You only have a dealer requesting an allocation for a slot in the production schedule. Dealer Allocation is simple to understand - GM changed its model for producing vehicles a few years' back. Dealers are now awarded allocation based on past performance, as well as other factors. If you are sitting at 1100 you are not in line yet for production. Your dealer MUST get GM to accept the order. When GM accepts the order, all the parts are available and will be allocated to your car build.

First, many dealers do not understand the allocation process.

Second, dealers are told at the beginning of every model year the number of units they are expected to order. This is their Guide Number, so called because it is intended to help a dealer "floor plan."

Third, many dealers confuse Guide Number with Allocation.

Fourth, dealers are told every other Thursday how many Allocations (a portion of the Guide Number) they can use over the following two weeks AND this number of orders will be divided over two weeks.

To summarize, say the dealer is given 50 units as a Guide, which means about 1 unit every weekly ordering process from 2 units awarded in the every other week ordering process. If the dealer sells a dozen trucks every year, change the 50 to 12 and reduce the bi-weekly consensus to conform. By the way, this awkward system meets laws and demands of court decisions.

When will my car/truck ship?

You have better chances of picking winning lottery numbers than to know for sure when your vehicle will ship. When you combine the QC issues with geographical delivery of vehicles (at the lowest possible cost so they need to aggregate deliveries - and they don't not use a first in first out methodology), this can be the most frustrating part of the whole SRE journey. There is no transparency to actual data. There is just generic codes and sometimes the whisper from "someone in the know". Your vehicle may ship quickly, it may not. It will likely take longer the more rural you are and the lower the volume of cars your dealer sells.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More...............

Allocations – The number of a particular vehicle model a dealer is assigned by GM.

Consensus – The planning and forecasting of vehicles between the dealer and GM. A quantity of vehicles that a dealer requests for a given production period from GM. Based on GM data and constraints they may or may not receive the amount requested.

Constraints – Items that are unavailable for ordering due to plant or supplier issues. This could be a certain option or an entire model of vehicle.

Event code – The status that indicates a certain point in the life cycle of a vechicle. A list of event codes can be found here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9714

GM OrderWORKBENCH – The website used for ordering GM vehicles.

Final Allocation by Week Report – This report shows a dealer’s final allocation quantities for the specified production period.

Pass 1 – The preliminary pass of the vehicle order process which looks at only the quantity of preliminary orders that equals the lower of a dealer’s allocation quantity and desired quantity.

PDI – Pre-Delivery Inspection

Preferenced – Order has been sent to one of the GM production management systems

Preliminary order – A vehicle order that has been submitted to GM through the OrderWORKBENCH system. It would have successfully gone through Pass One. These orders have an Event Code of 1100 (Preliminary Order Accepted)

Priority number – Indicates the dealer’s preference for the placement of a preliminary order. The lower the number the higher the priority. A sold order defaults to a priority of 1, stock orders default to a priority of 99. Priority 0 means that the dealer does not want GM to place the order. The dealer can change these numbers as needed.

Sold order – A preliminary order that is placed for a customer

TPP – Target Production Period – The date range used in order to define the effective period for a marketing or allocation constraint. Also the period when a specified number of vehicles is scheduled to be produced, typically a 1-2 week period.

TPW – Target Production Week – The week in which the specified vehicle is expected to be built.

How it all works:

Consensus:

Dealer puts in for requested quantities of different model groups

Dealer allocation quantity changes from “production consensus” to “final allocation” after GM resolves any variances between the approved production volumes and production consensus quantities (needs some verification on the days referenced below)

Final Allocation by Week Report is released mid month on Wednesday

Report shows allocations by week for 2 week timeframe

Allocations are assigned on Thursday each week

Dealers have until the following Tuesday to resolve constraint issues before orders are pulled

Ordering:

Order is configured in GM OrderWORKBENCH

Customer information is assigned to order

Order is checked for constraints

Order number is generated

By default the sold order is given priority number of 1

After consensus and dealer receives allocation they can apply it to an order

If there are no constraints it will be preferenced

If no action is taken the system will pull the lowest priority number order (1-99)

If multiple orders are at the same priority number it will pull the oldest order first (need verification)

As long as there are no constraints it will be preferenced

If there are constraints the dealer would have to either re-configure the order or allow a non-constrained order through

Order is eventually run through Pass 2, 3 and possibly a 4th optional one that can be used and GM may also use

BamaTom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone on this site have the ability to track an order by the order #? Or is there a way to track this on-line without bugging the dealership?

My '22 Yukon order was placed two weeks ago and is still pre-lim order (code 1100) as GM has not formally accepted it. My dealer says GM can take several weeks to month+ to accept an order. Does anyone have any insight to the truth behind this statement? My concern is that without "allocation" my order may not get accepted while others do. My dealer claims they have allocation and it is GM's issue and I'd like to believe them, but one never knows.....

I know I'm going to wait a bit - just hoping I get this in December sometime before ski season as my 2010 Yukon is in need of replacement before 500+ mile road-trips each weekend! Anyone have dealers say that an order placed in early Sept has a shot of showing up by late Dec? Or is this a pipe dream and I shouldn't expect it until spring???

Thanks!
Good luck. I’ve had a new 2021 large Bronco on order for a year. Excuse after excuse. It’s supply chain issues. They do send a lot of crap gear and coffee mugs to keep us interested. 2022s should be out this month???
Now they say they can’t get the hard top to fit right.
It’s an industry issue.
Go to Carmax and see the price of s used tahoe. $40k -$70k and up
They even offered me $8k over the price Enterpris is offering me to buy my Company Terrain. $14k, sell it to carmax for $22? Pay off the Wife's AX card.

cqmorrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wondering if they are prioritizing the Denali’s? I’ll have to ask about the sliding console as I could give that up to speed the build. Going from 2nd row bench to the bucket seats in this new car so thought the sliding console was cool to send drinks back to the kiddos. Lol
Sliding console is now standard as of this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts