Order Tracking / Delivery Time Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based upon my very recent experience, you are getting screwed. I put a $3,000 deposit to order my Yukon. A day later when I asked for the order number, they give me some BS about because of COVID that they don't actually get an order number until the order is accepted by GM. COVID, COVID, COVID.... I'm literally sick of all of this. I checked around and discovered that they have an order number the instant they push the submit button. If they are telling you otherwise, they are lying. I contacted the dealer and demanded my deposit back. The same day I went to another dealer in the same area, paid another $3,000 deposit. They ordered it and actually emailed me a page entitled "Placed Orders Confirmation" clearly indicating my order number BEFORE they even processed my deposit. First class all the way. I believe some dealers tell you crap like that because they don't currently have allocation so they want to string you along until they get allocation so they don't lose the customer. Buyer beware!

Man -- I hope they're not. I really don't have the time to head to another dealer and set things up, just so busy with work and travel (yes even in these days). I will give them this week, and I am hoping they'll have a better update for me.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based upon my very recent experience, you are getting screwed. I put a $3,000 deposit to order my Yukon. A day later when I asked for the order number, they give me some BS about because of COVID that they don't actually get an order number until the order is accepted by GM. COVID, COVID, COVID.... I'm literally sick of all of this. I checked around and discovered that they have an order number the instant they push the submit button. If they are telling you otherwise, they are lying. I contacted the dealer and demanded my deposit back. The same day I went to another dealer in the same area, paid another $3,000 deposit. They ordered it and actually emailed me a page entitled "Placed Orders Confirmation" clearly indicating my order number BEFORE they even processed my deposit. First class all the way. I believe some dealers tell you crap like that because they don't currently have allocation so they want to string you along until they get allocation so they don't lose the customer. Buyer beware!

Got the order number and summary page today! I asked him why it took so long when he called to review it, and he said they wait for GM to accept the order before sending it out and reviewing. *shrug*

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the order number and summary page today! I asked him why it took so long when he called to review it, and he said they wait for GM to accept the order before sending it out and reviewing. *shrug*

Not true. They just had to wait to get their allocation. You should take the order number they gave you, go to the GMC website, and ask them for the status of your order. If they are telling you the truth, you should have an event code of 2000. If they lied to you, it will still be a 1100.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true. They just had to wait to get their allocation. You should take the order number they gave you, go to the GMC website, and ask them for the status of your order. If they are telling you the truth, you should have an event code of 2000. If they lied to you, it will still be a 1100.

"Upon checking, your vehicle order has already been accepted by the system and waiting for the plant to assign a production week. We do not have estimated frame on when the plan will assign a production week."

And of course, I forgot to ask for the event code *facepalm*

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You are 100% right. They just gave me a call and told me they are out of allocation and can't take orders for delivery until four months out. I am reasonably angry. Luckily, I live in Houston, and we have plenty of options. I can't believe they would drag me along like this, but you told me a while back to get out of it, and I didn't listen.

Just contacted a fleet manager at a very reputable dealership a little outside of Houston, and he said he's going to check their allocations and get back to me. He couldn't believe what the Sterling people did either.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here... Considering ordering a 2021 Yukon Denali but was concerned with the build times. I have hear 6 to 8 weeks and then others are saying 16 weeks. In your case it looks that it took a month from when you ordered it for it to go into production. My question is, once it goes into production that first week of November, how soon after would you expect it to arrive at your dealership? I'm trying to decide if I place an order this week, would I have a shot of getting it before Christmas. Also, any advice on negotiating pricing when you are placing an order?
Newbie here... Considering ordering a 2021 Yukon Denali but was concerned with the build times. I have hear 6 to 8 weeks and then others are saying 16 weeks. In your case it looks that it took a month from when you ordered it for it to go into production. My question is, once it goes into production that first week of November, how soon after would you expect it to arrive at your dealership? I'm trying to decide if I place an order this week, would I have a shot of getting it before Christmas. Also, any advice on negotiating pricing when you are placing an order?

I know this is months old… I placed an order 4/14 and was told 6 months.
I’m 6 weeks into that 6 months and still, I’m in preliminary 1100 status. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM