Order Tracking / Delivery Time Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Air suspension should not be a hold up. Plenty rolling off the line with that (my AT4 has it). They have some weird things holding up orders it seems and the bench seat wouldn't surprise me to be one of those items. They wanted to hold my order up because of the all weather floor mats. Uh yeah, I can get those later... The supply chain on everything is still a cluster in general and hard to predict though.

I never pressed my dealer for an order sheet but they did email me a copy of the build that they put in which is just like the "build yours" on the main website.

No deposit either. That seems a bit over the top considering it's a monster volume product and the Denali is the most common trim level they make the Yukon in. It's not exactly like you were trying to reserve the new corvette.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air suspension should not be a hold up. Plenty rolling off the line with that (my AT4 has it). They have some weird things holding up orders it seems and the bench seat wouldn't surprise me to be one of those items. They wanted to hold my order up because of the all weather floor mats. Uh yeah, I can get those later... The supply chain on everything is still a cluster in general and hard to predict though.

I never pressed my dealer for an order sheet but they did email me a copy of the build that they put in which is just like the "build yours" on the main website.

No deposit either. That seems a bit over the top considering it's a monster volume product and the Denali is the most common trim level they make the Yukon in. It's not exactly like you were trying to reserve the new corvette.

Cool, thanks for the info. I didn't mind paying the deposit, but it's interesting that it's not always required. I've never ordered a vehicle before.

The sales person told me about the floor mats being a holdup, so we took it off the build sheet I gave them. She said they had them in stock there if I wanted to get them, but they couldn't be purchased with an order -- really weird. She also recommended I wait to get my account setup because I will have $100 credit waiting there, and that I could use the $100 towards the mats.

Thunder22

Reaction score
i didn't pay a deposit, and my z71 has air suspension and MRC, but 2nd row captain chairs.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deposits are dealer specific. This isn't directed at anyone here, but expect to pay one if you are ordering some goofy ass build in an unpopular color combo and deleting popular options. Dealers don't want to get stuck with Frankenstein builds. In any event, I don't see asking for $1,000 as unreasonable.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just called me yesterday and told me the wheels I wanted, (SES) 22" multi-spoke bright polished wheels, are not available. I asked them to find out what is available, and I will choose from that. Pretty annoying, but can't really blame them given the current circumstances.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just called me yesterday and told me the wheels I wanted, (SES) 22" multi-spoke bright polished wheels, are not available. I asked them to find out what is available, and I will choose from that. Pretty annoying, but can't really blame them given the current circumstances.

How does that work when those wheels are part of the Denali Premium Package?

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does that work when those wheels are part of the Denali Premium Package?

The premium package includes the 22" painted wheels -- which I didn't want. These are the 22" machined/polished wheels that they're out of. I am not a fan of painted wheels. They're going to send me what else is available -- they're waiting to hear back from the factory. They said it won't slow down progress on the SUV.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The premium package includes the 22" painted wheels -- which I didn't want. These are the 22" machined/polished wheels that they're out of. I am not a fan of painted wheels. They're going to send me what else is available -- they're waiting to hear back from the factory. They said it won't slow down progress on the SUV.

Gotcha, well I have the 22" painted in the premium package and personally think they look great. Maybe give them another look.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, well I have the 22" painted in the premium package and personally think they look great. Maybe give them another look.

Yeah, we went out there today and had a look at the "RPU" 22" premium painted ones and settled with those. She showed us some chrome ones and multi finish ones, but wasn't a fan of those. The painted ones looked a lot better than this time than the first time I saw them. She said she will complete putting the order in tomorrow. She also told me not to be surprised if we don't have the truck until well into January.

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Based upon my very recent experience, you are getting screwed. I put a $3,000 deposit to order my Yukon. A day later when I asked for the order number, they give me some BS about because of COVID that they don't actually get an order number until the order is accepted by GM. COVID, COVID, COVID.... I'm literally sick of all of this. I checked around and discovered that they have an order number the instant they push the submit button. If they are telling you otherwise, they are lying. I contacted the dealer and demanded my deposit back. The same day I went to another dealer in the same area, paid another $3,000 deposit. They ordered it and actually emailed me a page entitled "Placed Orders Confirmation" clearly indicating my order number BEFORE they even processed my deposit. First class all the way. I believe some dealers tell you crap like that because they don't currently have allocation so they want to string you along until they get allocation so they don't lose the customer. Buyer beware!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman