Options for 07 Yukon Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so i'm new to the boards, and my Yukon (navi w/ Bose). However I've been sifting threw forums and posts for a few days now on this subject. And I've came up with a few options and hoping I can get some answers from those that have them.

Option 1

Install Bluestar, from www.costartech.com (don't care about losing on star)
but I've read that you lose your voice Navi controls. $279

Option 2

Order parts and have them installed at GM and have them reflash it.

vcim # 20783877 $263
antenna # 15938939 $30
steering wheel switch # 25851951 $30

So can anyone that's done either of these chime in and give solid pros/cons.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so i'm new to the boards, and my Yukon (navi w/ Bose). However I've been sifting threw forums and posts for a few days now on this subject. And I've came up with a few options and hoping I can get some answers from those that have them.

Option 1

Install Bluestar, from www.costartech.com (don't care about losing on star)
but I've read that you lose your voice Navi controls. $279

Option 2

Order parts and have them installed at GM and have them reflash it.

vcim # 20783877 $263
antenna # 15938939 $30
steering wheel switch # 25851951 $30

So can anyone that's done either of these chime in and give solid pros/cons.
The hardest part is getting the VCIM... I'm still waiting for an order confirmation from mine I put in earlier this week

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are not going to be able to reflash it. You just have to hope the VCIM will be nice and let OnStar program it.

I tried to order a 2010 model VCIM (because it had USB connectivity) but it wouldn't go through, but after reading that 99% of attempts turn to failures in terms of getting OnStar back, Bluetooth isn't worth it for me.

OP
OP
J

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stevek-Keep us posted on how yours goes. I found a member on another site that might be able to order them.

Zach-for me onstar isn't something I'll ever use anyways so bluetooth is the simple choice. I have a cell phone that I pay for, no reason to pay for another phone service...

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's why I would pick Bluetooth over Onstar, but according to some people you lose things like automatic crash response and what not. I didn't care about losing minutes obviously but I do want safety when I have a wreck. Hopefully those things aren't really lost.

But, the Bluetooth works flawlessly right when you install it, so that would be my pick since it's OEM.

OP
OP
J

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But, the Bluetooth works flawlessly right when you install it, so that would be my pick since it's OEM.

the only negative I'm hearing is that with bluestar you lose your voice commands to the navigation. Trying to find out if this is true or not.

sparky5309

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Onstar VCIM Location

I'm seriously considering the Bluestar option myself - But for those of you that own a '07 Yukon Denali - where is the Onstar VCIM module located? I've heard behind the glove box - Nope that's the XM - under the center console - Nope that's the amp and sub. What I wouldn't give for a diagram that labeled everything. Getting tired of tearing the truck apart, so if anyone knows where it's at - lemme know! thanks

One other thing - I've scrapped the idea of replacing the head unit. Sounds to me like the radio controls the whole friggin truck! Has anyone been brave enough to try this with any success?

OP
OP
J

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering the Bluestar option myself - But for those of you that own a '07 Yukon Denali - where is the Onstar VCIM module located? I've heard behind the glove box - Nope that's the XM - under the center console - Nope that's the amp and sub. What I wouldn't give for a diagram that labeled everything. Getting tired of tearing the truck apart, so if anyone knows where it's at - lemme know! thanks

One other thing - I've scrapped the idea of replacing the head unit. Sounds to me like the radio controls the whole friggin truck! Has anyone been brave enough to try this with any success?

Well I couldn't find a diagram for it, but I read somewhere that it was behind the stereo. I'm sure tearing everything apart is a pain. :emotions122:

I'm gonna call the dealership later this week and ask them if they will do the upgrade there

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is right below the HVAC controls. This swap will work fine but if you wish to keep OnStar then I do NOT recommend doing it. I have read countless stories where GMT900 owners do the swap and never get the OnStar to work again, no matter how many times they call OnStar or take a trip to the dealer. I have only seen 1 user who said it worked for them, but still took a while.

But, if you do not care about the OnStar functionality, it is an easy and satisfying swap.

SAPMAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here. Thinking of Bluetooth -- do not use OnStar. But looks like there could be other issues. I will monitor this board to see how others fare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia