New Wheels plan for '16 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Rhino is/was having issues with their wheels being faked by the black market...i would check the source of where the dealer purchased them.

straight from Black Rhino, as those rims had a custom finish.
i saw the UPS labels on a few of the replacements.

& who would fake a black rhino wheel? they are already made in china, LOL

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apparently there was rumor of a large batch coming in through mexico...i just recall reading about it on the forums...may not even be true.

but then, most cast wheels are foreign manufactured

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Posting because we have the same color and it gives you something similar to compare to. I have Monroe 139104 front strut replacements with a .25" leveling kit on the front. I have 33x12.50R22 ridge grapplers. Just giving you a different look and so you can compare. I personally do not like those black rhino wheels, but that is all personal preference.

View attachment 268991

Thanks for the reply... so did you got with the Magnetic ride control delete mod? Or are those Monroe’s compatible? Also you say .25” level? It looks more level than that... perhaps 2.5”

I’ve been debating the magnetic ride control thing for a few days now... can’t seem to get a good base on whether the whole system is junk or if it’s worth hanging on to. The SuspensionMaxx kit for MRC is pretty cheap, but I hate the thought of spending $380+ per shock when they go bad... Really I need to drive it more... wife’s been hogging it ever since we brought it home!

Method Standards !!!! enough said.

those are badass no doubt. Not quite ready to go full on pre-runner.

Sucks that Black Rhinos are made of Chinesium...

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... so did you got with the Magnetic ride control delete mod? Or are those Monroe’s compatible? Also you say .25” level? It looks more level than that... perhaps 2.5”

I’ve been debating the magnetic ride control thing for a few days now... can’t seem to get a good base on whether the whole system is junk or if it’s worth hanging on to. The SuspensionMaxx kit for MRC is pretty cheap, but I hate the thought of spending $380+ per shock when they go bad... Really I need to drive it more... wife’s been hogging it ever since we brought it home!

I did the complete delete of the Magnaride on the front end. The rear is still completely stock. The Monroe 139104s lifted the front of my truck by prolly 1.5" up front. I have the Monroe strut assemblies, a .25" thick spacer (equals .5" of lift) and then the Xineering delete kit.

I love the way it sits, it rides great, and I don't have to worry about those expensive front struts anymore. I got the replacements from Amazon (warehouse like new deal) for less than $70 per strut. It was a no brainer imo. Please ask any questions you have man because I know it was a huge worry of mine before I did it.

Here are a few pictures before the tires60c7ee8cef4f1584f1b73430353749e7.jpgc4167e9da5f3d24fcc99de26e9ec181a.jpgb7420843fb78d7a9eb2012090745d25e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Thanks for the info DBH. Was the reason for the switch simply the cost savings or were you unhappy with the Magride performance?

That level looks perfect... just what I’m going for.
I agree with leaving the rear alone, I like the air ride system and like I said above I plan to tow with it so I’ll be taking advantage of that feature...

Richard Buckley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lot's of great options for you! Will you be selling the wheels/tires you have on it now? I have a 2009 Yukon XL that they would look great on!!!! :)

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info DBH. Was the reason for the switch simply the cost savings or were you unhappy with the Magride performance?

That level looks perfect... just what I’m going for.
I agree with leaving the rear alone, I like the air ride system and like I said above I plan to tow with it so I’ll be taking advantage of that feature...
My factory Magride shocks were leaking and I was never impressed with the ride. I am completely happy with the ride now (Although now I think I want to lower it). I have no issue with the ride, but I want to go with a more street look and do some 24's.

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Lot's of great options for you! Will you be selling the wheels/tires you have on it now? I have a 2009 Yukon XL that they would look great on!!!! :)

I certainly will. Where are you located? These things are huge, shipping would be insane.

My factory Magride shocks were leaking and I was never impressed with the ride. I am completely happy with the ride now (Although now I think I want to lower it). I have no issue with the ride, but I want to go with a more street look and do some 24's.

yeah I see some beginnings of fluid leaking around the shock body. They still ride nice, but I’m sure it won’t be long...