Matt's Yukon XL 2500 (Giant Silver Unicorn) Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In need of new tires and an alignment... with ~115k miles, and ~45k of that lifted, figured this would be a good time to update some of my steering parts. Went with Kryptonite tie-rods, pitman arm, idler arm, death grip pivot and support bracket. Replaced the center link with Moog, and a new GM steering stabilizer for good measure.

View attachment 269966

I knew my day wasn't going to be easy when I couldnt find my low profile pitman arm puller.... but i know tricks! Relief cut....1...

View attachment 269968

Damn thing wouldn't budge... air chisel, no help...

Reliefe cut 2....

View attachment 269969

Still NO GO!! SOB...

Break away the section (a few hours in at this point pondering life)...

View attachment 269970

Damn thing still wouldn't budge!! I begrudgingly took a hammer to it, full well aware of the repercussions (or maybe an excuse to upgrade the steering gear next..)

Then finally wiggled it out

View attachment 269971

New tires and alignment coming Monday.
I thought you we’re gonna be buying a redhead box for a minute there.;)

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, it’s almost a shame to bolt that Kryptonite stuff up to a stock box! You have my permission to go ahead and spend more money.:cool:

LOL thats true! I'm hoping to get another year out of the control arms....will probably upgrade it when its time for that bill. Steering and tires are hard enough on the wallet at once (hell its more than most spend on a cheap lift )

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL thats true! I'm hoping to get another year out of the control arms....will probably upgrade it when its time for that bill. Steering and tires are hard enough on the wallet at once (hell its more than most spend on a cheap lift )
True, true.

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well so far so good, steering is still nice and tight so hopefully it'll hang on until control arm upgrade time.

Haven't had a chance to get out for any good pics but going by forum rules snapped a few. The AT3 XLTs are really nice. I can actually hear my exhaust while cruising again

20210217_183757.jpg 20210217_183847.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442