Matt's Yukon XL 2500 (Giant Silver Unicorn) Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like Santa should bring a whipple sc for Christmas this year

I think Santa is looking at complete steering upgrade with new UCAs as well.

Nothing is worn out yet, but approaching 100k and will need new tires in the spring.... seems like a good time to replace/upgrade as PM, then align with new shoes

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get the rear Deaver springs? If so, which part number?

Didnt get the Deavers

The 3"blocks were tall enough. And we ended up buying a home quite a bit over budget which in turn put the travel trailer purchase on hold, so no heavy towing duties yet

Last edited:

beeffajitas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Didnt get the Deavers

The 3"blocks were tall enough. And we ended up buying a home quite a bit over budget which in turn put the travel trailer purchase on hold, so no heavy towing duties yet

FYI, I have been talking to Deavers and one of their engineers. They do NOT have a 4" lift spring on file. If they ever call me back after the COVID lock down, I'll probably give it a shot. He couldn't guarantee the actual lift.

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In need of new tires and an alignment... with ~115k miles, and ~45k of that lifted, figured this would be a good time to update some of my steering parts. Went with Kryptonite tie-rods, pitman arm, idler arm, death grip pivot and support bracket. Replaced the center link with Moog, and a new GM steering stabilizer for good measure.

20210205_093825.jpg

I knew my day wasn't going to be easy when I couldnt find my low profile pitman arm puller.... but i know tricks! Relief cut....1...

20210205_114513.jpg

Damn thing wouldn't budge... air chisel, no help...

Reliefe cut 2....

20210205_114505.jpg

Still NO GO!! SOB...

Break away the section (a few hours in at this point pondering life)...

20210205_124454.jpg

Damn thing still wouldn't budge!! I begrudgingly took a hammer to it, full well aware of the repercussions (or maybe an excuse to upgrade the steering gear next..)

Then finally wiggled it out

20210205_135431.jpg

New tires and alignment coming Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2