New Wheels plan for '16 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Hey guys... starting a new thread here to document my search for a new set of wheels for the Yukon...

The Details:

2016 Yukon Denali
Iridium Metallic
22x9" 6 Split spoke in Ultra Bright Machined Silver
Michelin
Currently stock height... but considering front leveling kit.
(Sorry for the blurry pic, my phone is a potato)
image0.jpeg

The Problem:
So the stock wheels are awesome! They look great and are in perfect condition, and really are beautiful on the Yukon...

BUT...

I'm searching for a different look. I am an off-roader and hot rodder at heart, and can never seem to leave well enough alone. I sold a perfectly good Toyota 4runner to get into this rig, so my off road roots are strong. While I certainly won't be using this a primary 4 wheeling rig (have a built Tacoma for that) I do want to be able to cruise comfortably on a dirt fire road, snow trip to the mountains, and tow our 21" Lance trailer on camping trips...
also my wife has a tendency to curb rash the hell out of big fancy wheels
:secret:

The Solution:
So I've been searching and I narrowed it down to one option... not that there aren't others out there I've yet to see, but after searching wheels left right up down and sideways I have decided on the Black Rhino Chase in Brushed Gunmetal. My reasoning is as follows; I can't stand the fake beadlock bolts that nearly 90% of modern "off road" style wheels have. (sorry to all I happen to offend here, this is just my opinion) and I'm not looking for black rims. So boom there goes 95% of wheels out there! I really like the bright machined silver contrast against the dark metallic paint, and these offerings have a slightly less bright but still somewhat silvery center to them... So there ya have it.

Chasewheel.jpg

The Rest Of The Story:
What remains now is choosing the right size, (17, 18 or 20) the right width, (8.5, 9.0, 9.5) and offset (-18, 0, 12) and of course which tires, and lift/level considerations. Also yet to be determined is where to purchase said wheels...

My friend is a good Photoshopper, so he hooked me up with this rendering on the fly... and I have to say I'm liking the look...
image0 (1).jpeg

So... feel free to chime in here... Love em, hate em, thoughts on any of the questions yet to be answered above regarding size, tires, lift and purchase... chime in! In the meantime I'm going to post a few pictures of badass GMCs I found with these wheels.

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Found these two beauties on the Black Rhino Wheels website. They are sporting the Chase wheels but in black. Not sure if these badass rides belong to members on here but wow are they awesome. Would love to know more about the XL build with the roof rack!

chase denali.jpg

chase yukon2.jpg

chase yukon.jpg

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would consider the fox 2.0 replacement for the front, and most level heights can get by with the rear spacer.

i am planning he same, 2.0 Fox front adjustable coil over at 3", Z71 rear coil (300# heavier spring rate, should raise slightly) and the smallest rear spacer to achieve my desired stance. looking to run a narrow (er) 34" tire...

similar to this 87C8AB17-AB64-4131-ACED-0770B17F265F.jpeg

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO to go all terrain look. You have to do chrome delete. But if you’re only looking to do wheels.... I don’t hate them. Just not my style

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
i would consider the fox 2.0 replacement for the front, and most level heights can get by with the rear spacer.

i am planning he same, 2.0 Fox front adjustable coil over at 3", Z71 rear coil (300# heavier spring rate, should raise slightly) and the smallest rear spacer to achieve my desired stance. looking to run a narrow (er) 34" tire...

similar to this View attachment 268892

That's a good look there... I like Fox's stuff... I've run them and Kings on my off road rigs. I have to do a bunch more research on the rear lift stuff... The denali's got the air shock leveler in the rear, and I'd really like to keep that feature as we do plan to tow with it... Maybe going up to the higher spring rate alone would keep it level.

IMO to go all terrain look. You have to do chrome delete. But if you’re only looking to do wheels.... I don’t hate them. Just not my style

I hear ya, the chrome trim does scream "city slicker" for sure... but i was hoping with the little bit of shine off the gunmetal finish on those wheels I could get away with it. I'm sort of torn between two styles here. I realize its a fancy car, and has shiny objects on it, but I trend towards a more rugged look generally. So I'm trying to find some balance there where it won't look like a full built pre-runner, but also wont look like its too afraid to get its giant shiny wheels dirty... Classy, yet rugged... that's where I'm shooting.

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
I was shopping online for the wheels, and stumbled across Extreme Customs website. I saw they advertised a discount for Military/Fire/Police so I figured I'd give em a look. After explaining what I wanted the salesman then informed me that only 20" rims will fit on my Denali because the brake caliper was larger... :rolleyes: then he informed me that if my Denali was lifted then the 18's would fit.

This individual was confused. I've informed him of his error... and awaiting reply.

Sooooo... I think ill head down to my local tire shop after all... that's what i get for trying to be cheap ;)

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you. And the truck absolutely screams city slicker lol. I have the same Denali. Color and all. Except mine came with 20s. I bought 22s and a few small mods, kept the chrome accents for now.. I wish I could spend endlessly on the truck but priorities are elsewhere for now lol.

Good luck with yours!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gunmetal (non-black) rims will look good on your ride

as FYI, be careful w/ Black Rhino wheels. they are chicom (hecho in China) & ones i had must have been made of pot metal.
dealer replaced 9 of them for me over a couple of years. & all i did was city/highway driving.

so make sure they have a warranty ;)

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Rhino is/was having issues with their wheels being faked by the black market...i would check the source of where the dealer purchased them.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting because we have the same color and it gives you something similar to compare to. I have Monroe 139104 front strut replacements with a .25" leveling kit on the front. I have 33x12.50R22 ridge grapplers. Just giving you a different look and so you can compare. I personally do not like those black rhino wheels, but that is all personal preference.

PXL_20210119_181344866.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan