Opinions on Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I really want to get some Rims for my NNBS White Tahoe. I found a set that i really liked however i was wondering what you guys thought. There were some other "Selling Tools" in this image but to keep it PG i decided to take them out :hands:.

Also i am considering going 24" or 26" what do you guys think. I have been reading up but i am still unsure. I am also thinking of going with either a 2/3 or 3/4 drop. Let me know.

Attachments

• SG476CC.jpg
    SG476CC.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 84

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That pic looks like me old Foose DF6's. Rims are really up to the owners taste. I had 24's and went to 26's. With either one you will need at least a 2"-3" drop.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those rims. The color matching looks good.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Those are pretty tight. Those do look very much like Foose. As far as rims go, generally speaking you get what you pay for. If you are going for chrome, it is better to pay a little more $$$ for a better rim. If you are going black, silver or painted to match, you can go a little cheaper and not have to worry about the rims peeling a part. Good luck, buying rims is fun.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going black, silver or painted to match, you can go a little cheaper and not have to worry about the rims peeling a part. Good luck, buying rims is fun.

Just to add to this...

My buddy who owns a wheel shop here informed me that chrome-and-painted (combo) wheels are the most prone to peeling. Sounds best to go with all of one or the other.

OP
OP
I

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are actually the Foose df-6 rims. Is there something that I should know about that? They come painted black and the place that I am purchasing from actually takes that removes the black and put the white in it's place so they are made for paint. I have seen a couple of sets that he has done this way and they have come out really clean.

Leaning now towards 24" with a 3/4 drop for more tire

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are actually the Foose df-6 rims. Is there something that I should know about that? They come painted black and the place that I am purchasing from actually takes that removes the black and put the white in it's place so they are made for paint. I have seen a couple of sets that he has done this way and they have come out really clean.

Leaning now towards 24" with a 3/4 drop for more tire

My black inserts kept melting from the brake heat on my Foose wheels. I didn't have any problems with the chrome ones though.

On my Dub wheels I paid extra to have the wheels machined for chrome and black custom spoke caps. The black paint started peeling off. I had to have them painted black completely. It sucks that these expensive wheel companys make such crappy inserts :flame: I will never buy another set of wheels that have inserts!

OP
OP
I

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm well now i am not quite sure what to do. I am reconsidering even going to 26" rims as this is my daily driver and i just think that 24" with a 3/4 would look really sick.

Now what rims do i go for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon