open or limited slip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to confirm, the G80 is a centrifugally activated mechanical locker, not a limited slip, so it does *not* use LSD additive.
This is what I understood as well. It's a locker, not as LSD.

But I know guys call the G80 anything but a locker: LSD, positraction, etc.

Probably the confusion is that G80 was also a rpo code for an actual LSD on other vehicles, such as tbe F body's

OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
View attachment 410214
Might wanna read about the product you’re intending on using :happy160:
Well they pretty much all do. I was doing some research yesterday and the Valvoline brand does too. So I’m assuming it doesn’t matter. I wanted to use Amsoil or Valvoline only so I I’m just gonna use one of them with no additive because according to the bottles they already come with it.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
DaDenaliDude

DaDenaliDude

Reaction score
One more question guys. Transfer case question. I’m also going to change that fluid but I’m a bit confused. My OM says to use manual transmission fluid but I’ve read that people are using Dexron 6.

Attachments

• IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 2

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more question guys. Transfer case question. I’m also going to change that fluid but I’m a bit confused. My OM says to use manual transmission fluid but I’ve read that people are using Dexron 6.
Depends on the TC. Many of them do call for ATF in the OM. Use whatever the manual calls for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20