Onstar on my 2009 mirror.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rex Ammerman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Mirror right side stays Red and should be green. As long as it is Red, they are not able to download my phone minutes for me to use. So I can even use my phone to call Onstar. I called on my regular cell and the Broken English woman told me to hit the emergency button and tel them This not an Emergency and to transfer me to tech. Then again they answered ne in very broken English and said we can't down load your minutes, I said I already knew that part and she said Ok is that all. I just hung up on the stupidity ! I need to figure this ot and hoping someone on here will have an answer !

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Mirror right side stays Red and should be green. As long as it is Red, they are not able to download my phone minutes for me to use. So I can even use my phone to call Onstar. I called on my regular cell and the Broken English woman told me to hit the emergency button and tel them This not an Emergency and to transfer me to tech. Then again they answered ne in very broken English and said we can't down load your minutes, I said I already knew that part and she said Ok is that all. I just hung up on the stupidity ! I need to figure this ot and hoping someone on here will have an answer !
Call back and ask for an American. Really. @mountie

You may have a bad coax cable or something, when they get wet the signal goes out and the system shuts down to protect it. It's usually the roof antenna, the gasket around it leaks.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't use OnStar in my 2009 LTZ Tahoe but might have a clue. I had the battery disconnected with the ignition on to allow me to turn the front wheels back and forth. When I finally reconnected my battery I noticed a red light on my rearview mirror. Research suggests that there's a built in battery in the OnStar module that isn't rechargeable and was drained by doing what I did.

Maybe someone on here can figure out how to check/change it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts