Once your car is delivered to the dealer, when do they typically have you come by to sign and then leave with your new car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understand business is business…but why the need for the quick turnaround? Honest question…my speculation is the shorter the time it’s on their lot, the quicker they get another allocation …but I’m just guessing.
It all depends on whether the vehicle you ordered is in high demand. If it is, then they (the dealer) wants to determine if you're going to get it or not. Either you're committed to buying it, or you're not. If so, they want you to buy it ASAP because they can easily sell it to some other eager buyer. As for the urgency, the dealer wants it off their lot to make room for other vehicles, or another allocation... Get'em in, and get'em out.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One dealer I spoke with wanted to check your credit to make sure you could get financing before he would reserve you one that was in transit.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I spoke to my salesman, he said when it's a state away he'll start going through the credit check and financing options, which can be done via email. He said if it gets the the dealer before 1pm I'd be able to drive it home that day.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One dealer I spoke with wanted to check your credit to make sure you could get financing before he would reserve you one that was in transit.

Dealer where I ordered my truck had a stipulation on all their orders that the buyer provided a copy of their credit score before the order could be submitted...which a screenshot of the score is all they needed...seemed like more of a formality than anything because there wasn't any way that could tell it was tied to "me"

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be rushed by the sales/finance people when signing the paperwork. When buying my Yukon I told the finance guy that I had a credit union I wanted him to call, instead he tried to set me up with his bank at 4.8%. After a talk with the sales manager my credit union was called and I got a 2.4% rate instead

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Don't be rushed by the sales/finance people when signing the paperwork. When buying my Yukon I told the finance guy that I had a credit union I wanted him to call, instead he tried to set me up with his bank at 4.8%. After a talk with the sales manager my credit union was called and I got a 2.4% rate instead

Yeah I’m getting multiple pre-approval with rates in hand. I have no problem going through them if they can match the rate. And if they can beat it even better

He did say though GM financial has 0% for 48 months, 0.9% for 60 months and 1.9% for 72 months…..it’s for well qualified buyers but that’s more competitive I’ve seen anywhere outside so I’ll shoot for that

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also asked the guy to try GM financial because they had some incentive at the time, not as good as now though. I had good rates with GMAC in the past.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around here we just need an insurance card for the vehicle and a pile of money. I see that the pile now might need a wheel barrow to keep from further harm to oneself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts