Oil pressure problems! Am I screwed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
No noises or codes at this time. I do drive this truck hard for sure. Only thing I did recently was rear main/new trans/new front diff/manifolds/injectors/etc. nothing directly related to oil pressure though.

Did you do the rear main yourself or have it done???

Did the barbell get replaced???

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My coolant temp runs 190°-192° consistently while the gauge shows 210°... this is normal for these trucks.

Also my oil pressure gauge works in the Torque Pro app... try these setting and see if it works for you...
This worked great, thanks. Are there any other GM easter eggs out there as far as custom PIDs for our trucks?

kbuskill

Reaction score
This worked great, thanks. Are there any other GM easter eggs out there as far as custom PIDs for our trucks?

Did you already enable the GM PID list in the Torque Pro app?

kbuskill

Reaction score
Nope, but I did now.....I thought that was just a custom PID, I didnt bother clicking on the predefined lists option..durrrr

You can also download the Torque scan add-on for the Torque Pro app and then scan your truck for additional PIDs that might be available.

OP
OP
J

Jeffwiz87

Reaction score
Well I got my hands on the adapter for the oil pump housing to check pressure at sending unit and oil filter. I am getting 3-4 psi drop at idle 15-17psi at oil sender and 20-22 at filter housing. And at 2k getting a 9 psi drop. 41 at sender location and 50 at oil filter housing. Just wondering if there could be a leak at the engine valley cover o ring seals? What do you guys think?

Fedexjetmx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a mechanic by profession, at idle 5 psi is fine, there is no working load on the engine, also food for thought , today's eng mfr's have transitioned to high volume oil pumps

Bill Hayes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a 6 dollar screen under the oil pressure sensor that likes to get stopped up. Pull the sensor and replace the screen. You Tube is your friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts