Oil Leak Around Valve Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed today that my wife's 2008 Yukon has some oil build up around the valve covers, its has 86k on it, and uses no oil in a 5k OCI.

I popped the hood on my truck (2009 GMC Sierra w/45k) to see if mine was like that too, but mine was clean as a whistle.

could this be a PCV issue?

pics coming soon.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

YUKON
2upu4yme.jpg
bupe3y4e.jpgSIERRA

u3u8ege3.jpg
y3u4uva4.jpg

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valve cover gaskets are seeping a little. Doubt it's PCV related if it's doing it on both sides. Unless they are really leaking badly (which yours don't appear to be) I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you want to rip everything apart to replace them. Just keep an eye on it.

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valve cover gaskets are seeping a little. Doubt it's PCV related if it's doing it on both sides. Unless they are really leaking badly (which yours don't appear to be) I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you want to rip everything apart to replace them. Just keep an eye on it.

Yeah makes me a little worried to switch to synthetic oil now. 2 cases of royal purple HMX will be showing up tomorrow. Lol. Maybe I'll switch after our little spring break road trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n