Oil and filter recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys

Would like some oil and filter recommendations for my

What’s everyone with higher miles running ?

2007 GMC Yukon XL 2500

204k miles

Has the 6.0

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What area of the country are you in? How’s the terrain? Do any towing? I’m at 135k and use Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 for my area. Lots of folks will chime in on this one so hang on.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What area of the country are you in? How’s the terrain? Do any towing? I’m at 135k and use Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 for my area. Lots of folks will chime in on this one so hang on.

Im in NJ

Do some towing but nothing crazy

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really no ones got any input on this ??

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Really no ones got any input on this ??

I think it's probably just because there are SO many discussions on this here already too search through. You'll find all kinds of opinions, and lots of cool info if you take the time.

I run Mobil 1 5w30 high milage full syn with Mobil 1 M107A filters, FWIW.

I think right now, the "best" oils by the numbers appear to be the new Rotella gas truck and the new AC Delco that @swathdiver found. He recently posted the chart.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's probably just because there are SO many discussions on this here already too search through. You'll find all kinds of opinions, and lots of cool info if you take the time.

I run Mobil 1 5w30 high milage full syn with Mobil 1 M107A filters, FWIW.

I think right now, the "best" oils by the numbers appear to be the new Rotella gas truck and the new AC Delco that @swathdiver found. He recently posted the chart.

Appreciate the input.

I spent some time searching before I posted and really didn’t find that much info. I’ve been using this Tapatalk app. Is there a more detailed way to search?

I’d like to see the info @swathdiver posted To.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Appreciate the input.

I spent some time searching before I posted and really didn’t find that much info. I’ve been using this Tapatalk app. Is there a more detailed way to search?

I’d like to see the info @swathdiver posted To.

Here is post with the chart. The rest of the thread is good, too.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...full-synthetic-gas-truck.113702/#post-1365106

You can use Google to search just this site. I have gotten ok at using the on board search tool, but it is far from optimal.

This forum's format on a mobile browser smokes any app you might use, imo.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

I am still searching for who supplies the synthetic oil to Amazon for packaging but this test speaks volumes. I have used this full synthetic oil with an AC Delco filter with absolutely no problems.